20-Minute Pad-Thai-Style Noodles from www.goveg.com
You’ll find most of these ingredients in your pantry and fridge. In the time that it takes to boil pasta, you’ll have a delicious meal!
For the Sauce:
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup hot vegetable broth
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce (or more, to taste)
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 Tbsp. flour
• Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
For the ‘Pad Thai’:
1 pkg. fettuccine noodles
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 broccoli crown, cut into florets
1/3 cup shredded carrots
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/4 cup crushed peanuts
• Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
• Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
• Add the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
• Stir in the carrot, bell pepper, prepared sauce, and cooked pasta. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the dish is heated through.
• Top with the crushed peanuts before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Thanks to www.goveg.com