soyflakes

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

xjohanx
Elephant

soyflakes

#1 Postby xjohanx » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:35 am

i bought some cause of the good nutritional value, i want to up my protein intake and thought this but does anybody have an idea what to do with them? can you roast them and add them in musli or something?
thanks
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

_raVen_
Gorilla

#2 Postby _raVen_ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:31 pm

I don't know exactly to what you are referring, but if it is soy flakes as meat sub, then, no, you'd not normally put it in cereals. (also referred to as TVP, TSP, Soy Curls, etc.)

I'd not recommend them for consumption, myself, but, if you are going to eat them, you should soak them in a "meaty" broth like a vegan "chicken" or vegan "beef" broth (use powders, soy sauce, or, better, use marmite) to rehydrate them. Then cook them as for meat. Flakes would be best as a ground "beef" sub, so burgers, pasta sauce, etc.

If you are referring to a soy flakes cereal, then, I suppose you could toast it, but it's already toasted and that would just add more insult (acrylamides) to the injury (its non-nutritous status).

:)

veganpotter

#3 Postby veganpotter » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:29 pm

I think that it would be pretty weird mixed with some type of vegan milk. You can munch on it like popcorn though...or maybe put it in a "omelet" with silken tofu.

xjohanx
Elephant

#4 Postby xjohanx » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:20 am

thanks guys. i do mean the soy flake cereal type, not tvp or so.

and potter: my flakes are really soft, are they supposed to be that way?
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

veganpotter

#5 Postby veganpotter » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:26 am

I actually don't know then because I've never seen them before. But if they are cereal just go with it. I like my muesli soggy anyhow so it may be really good mixed in.

OHKi
Rabbit

#6 Postby OHKi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 pm

soy flakes in musli rocks :)
faster, harder, stronger, vegan!

Return to “Vegan Recipes”