Nutiva HEMP Protein

veggieprincess

No. I absolutely hate hemp protein but have it almost every night because my body responds so well too it... but I almost gag and vomit everytime I drink it, but then again, I only do it with water and Stevia as I don't do fruit at nighttime.

I like the Manitoba Raw Hemp much better because you alot more grams of protein per scoop than you do in Nutiva.

Would also love if anyone had suggestions for disguising the taste, other than just adding a bunch of fruit and fruit juice.

• 2 weeks later...

where can i buy those products, send me email i want to buy some of your products you sell i live in madrid spain, alcala de henares, i started going to the gym i need some of those thanks

Henry

No. I absolutely hate hemp protein but have it almost every night because my body responds so well too it... but I almost gag and vomit everytime I drink it, but then again, I only do it with water and Stevia as I don't do fruit at nighttime.

I like the Manitoba Raw Hemp much better because you alot more grams of protein per scoop than you do in Nutiva.

Would also love if anyone had suggestions for disguising the taste, other than just adding a bunch of fruit and fruit juice.

where can i buy those products, send me email i want to buy some of your products you sell i live in madrid spain, alcala de henares, i started going to the gym i need some of those thanks

Henry

The hemp protein that www.trueprotein.com sells in bulk is the Manitoba Raw Hemp and they do ship internationally.

I don't sell any of these products personally, but I must sound like I do the way I talk everything up.... LOL I should start asking for a referral fee from some of these companies

Why do that to yourself. Pick one of the nut milks and blend it up with a single banana vs the stevia. You'll be much happier.... Also if it works on your diet plan you can throw a tablespoon of nut butter in there and it's a dessert.

• 3 weeks later...

kind of interesting that you describe it as horse feed... then say you're getting used to the taste

I looked at the "horse feed" tonight... told myself I should drink it.... tried to talk myself into it... grabbed the Pure Advantage Chocolate Mint instead.

I'm losing the Hemp gagging battle more and more. It's a texture thing for me... like drinking a glass of sand... just feels wrong but I still do it on the nights I manage.

On a side note, it also burns my throat everytime I drink it. I have a burning in my throat for about 15 minutes. I really must have a masochistic side.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that mixed with either some homemade soymilk or some carob powder, hemp protein is actually pretty good. As soon as I get in a more comfortable financial position, I will start taking it again. I used to have a cheap source I could afford, herbalhut.com, but they started screwing up my order all the time and not getting it shipped to me, so I have given up on them. I plan on buying some from trueprotein.com next time.

• 1 month later...

I personally like most forms of hemp products EXCEPT for anything Manitoba Farms. For some reason, their products all have a distinct flavor that I just don't like, although I know it's a great company. I would try Living Harvest brand if I were you, their hemp protein has what I perceive as NO flavor, and you can get it in chocolate and vanilla as well. It's raw, cold milled and tasteless to me. I also like their hempmilk better than any variety, perhaps due to it being sweetened with brown rice as opposed to cane. You might also want to just try eating the shelled hempnuts, they taste so mild and are really easy to put down.

• 7 months later...

Henry

Well I live in Cordoba, Spain too and there's no way of getting hemp protein or pea protein over here..well not unless you want to pay in excess of 60 euros for 750grms!! Believe me..i spent weeks scouring the net!! I've found a site in the Uk which ships out organic pea protein and 15 kilos costs around 120 euros, postage included. I spoke to some guys from my gym and got them to order a few kilos each and it worked out really cheaply. You can get soy protein delivered within 24 hours in Spain for about 22 euros a kilo but I used it for about 3 months and wasnt at all happy with the effects.

Hemp protein is more expensive to get sent over, but some of the "herboristerias" have organic hemp seeds at around 4 euros a kilo so you can grind your own if you are really set on using hemp. Persoanlly i dont mind the taste and blend it up with kiwi (which already have that gritty seedy thing going off) and orange juice. Have to chew the last mouthful but its not a bad flavour!

Veggieprincess wrote:

On a side note, it also burns my throat everytime I drink it. I have a burning in my throat for about 15 minutes. I really must have a masochistic side.

I got that from your ex boyfriend stories.

I use Nutriva (sp) with banana, raspberry, strawberry, pineapple, blueberry, spinach (3/4 10oz bag) unsweetened Vanilla soy milk, or vanilla rice milk. Twice a day.

Just had Hemp for the first time today (http://tinyurl.com/anyjz5)- Awesome!!!

I didn't find it gritty at all but I think that could be down to the blender ball that came with the shaker!

http://www.opamerica.com/images/products/blender-ball.jpg

Something I came up with:

1 portion of Hemp Powder

1 portion of Kamut Wheatgrass

1/2 a portion of Spirulina

Then instead of just using water I add Green tea that has been cooled in the fridge.

1 part cooled green tea

3 parts water

Really really nice though I guess it depends on what kind of green tea you use. I had Nettle and mint.

Can't wait to receive Sunwarrior and add that to the mix....

• 1 month later...

Well I live in Cordoba, Spain too and there's no way of getting hemp protein or pea protein over here..well not unless you want to pay in excess of 60 euros for 750grms!! Believe me..i spent weeks scouring the net!! I've found a site in the Uk which ships out organic pea protein and 15 kilos costs around 120 euros, postage included. I spoke to some guys from my gym and got them to order a few kilos each and it worked out really cheaply. You can get soy protein delivered within 24 hours in Spain for about 22 euros a kilo but I used it for about 3 months and wasnt at all happy with the effects.

Hemp protein is more expensive to get sent over, but some of the "herboristerias" have organic hemp seeds at around 4 euros a kilo so you can grind your own if you are really set on using hemp. Persoanlly i dont mind the taste and blend it up with kiwi (which already have that gritty seedy thing going off) and orange juice. Have to chew the last mouthful but its not a bad flavour!

hi, could you name a site?

hi, could you name a site?

This is the link where I got mine: http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/272/18/super_pea_protein_isolate

They have some nice amino acids too!

PS I don't work for them, I'm just into good cheap products!

I have not bought a thing of just hemp protein in a long while. I think I've bought manitoba harvest and nutiva before. I used to keep it in the fridge and I liked that. I dip bananas in the stuff, I like that combo for some reason. I too am pleased that Canada is liberal about hemp. I'd like to see that here in the states...as well as allowing some other things.

I think i'm going to buy some of that marijuana muscle powder and like keep it in my car and/or carry it at school and my office!