Emmanuel Coindre

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

madcat
Manatee

Emmanuel Coindre

#1 Postby madcat » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:51 pm

Did you hear about this guy? He rowed from Japan to Oregon in 129 days. That is so awesome… I want to do it!

Hero
Elephant

#2 Postby Hero » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:02 pm

ive always wanted to visit japan and learn the language.

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:10 pm

Maybe the two of you should go on a boat ride :P

-Rob

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Daywalker
Elephant

#4 Postby Daywalker » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:10 pm

Hero wrote:ive always wanted to visit japan and learn the language.

:lol:

This guy is probably not vegan? I mean, what did he eat? You can't pack food for over 4 month in a little row boat... probably fish all the time :(
No one said it would be easy.

Hero
Elephant

#5 Postby Hero » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:14 pm

Daywalker wrote:
Hero wrote:ive always wanted to visit japan and learn the language.

:lol:

This guy is probably not vegan? I mean, what did he eat? You can't pack food for over 4 month in a little row boat... probably fish all the time :(

im vegan.

are you talking about the rower? i dont even know what rowing is.

many athletes though who have done amazing feats werent vegan at all. that doesnt make their accomplishments any less noteworthy though. it just means that more of us vegans should push hard to get our accomplishments noted. :wink:

madcat
Manatee

#6 Postby madcat » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm

I’m sure he wasn’t vegan because I’m sure it would have been talked about if he was. Emmanuel is only the second guy in history to have done this. The first one was Gerard d’Aboville; he went from Japan to Ilwaco WA in 134 days.
As for food, I think they have a chase boat. He capsized 16 times, so I’m sure they had to carry dry clothing for him. I was just thinking about his kind of thing when the idea to climb Everest came up. Although I was only imagining going for the main land to Hawaii, I think that would be cool. This would be much more ambitious. Also I had imagined paddling not rowing (there is a difference) I have never rowed before. I was thinking dragon boat, but I don’t think they could handle the open water. Also dragon boats don’t really tip, they just sink…. Not good. Out rigger on the other hand tip easy, but they are easy to right again.

But money would be a huge issue. Money for a boat, and a chase boat, food, a crew, and to cover my bills for four months (or more).

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#7 Postby compassionategirl » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:53 pm

Madcat,

If you are passionate about this, then I encourage you to go for it and will try to help make your goal a reality in any way that I am able.

Return to “General Discussion”