how did you look like in your teens/childhood?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

lelle
Elephant

how did you look like in your teens/childhood?

#1 Postby lelle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:32 pm

thats kinda interesting, today i compared a photo which was taken 5 years ago with my new passport picture.

haha, i still look silly :P

if you have any old pictures of yourself, post them!

(the left one is the new one :D )

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#2 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:22 pm

Here's me (passport photo) at age 11:

Age 14:

Age 32 (i.e., earlier this year):

I switched them over to photobucket, so they should work now.
Last edited by FormicaLinoleum on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My 2012 Training Log

Tarz
Elephant

#3 Postby Tarz » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:43 am

Spotty. :roll:

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#4 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:14 pm

This seems like a thread for General Discussion to me. More people would probably read it there.
My 2012 Training Log

Richard
Site Admin

#5 Postby Richard » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:37 pm

How long have you been vegan for? And I take it that you don't smoke or do drugs? Do you drink alcohol? You've aged really well. My brother and a friend of mine are both vegan, non-smokers, non-drinkers, non-druggers, and they're both 28, but look about 20. I think those things are factors definitely in the ageing process, what do you think

Michelle
Elephant

#6 Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:22 am

Me, around age 3, wearing my favorite apron and possibly flipping someone off? I don't remember:

Not sure what age this was. I'll ask my mom, she might remember.

Age 17:

Age 24, after having two kids (and apparently a bad hair day):
My goal is to get those legs back...

FormicaLinoleum
Elephant

#7 Postby FormicaLinoleum » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:18 am

Richard wrote:How long have you been vegan for? And I take it that you don't smoke or do drugs? Do you drink alcohol? You've aged really well. My brother and a friend of mine are both vegan, non-smokers, non-drinkers, non-druggers, and they're both 28, but look about 20. I think those things are factors definitely in the ageing process, what do you think

I'm assuming you're responding to me? People do very often think that I am younger than I am. I have been vegan for only a couple of months, but I have been vegetarian for about 12 years or something, and for the last year or two I have been pretty close to vegan, eating little eggs & dairy. I don't smoke, don't do drugs, and drink only rarely. I have smoked in the past, though, but never more than a cigarette or two a day.

I think that genetics plays a pretty big part. My parents have always looked young for their ages, as did my grandmothers.
My 2012 Training Log

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#8 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:41 pm

we are hear to help you reach you goals Michelle!! :D

By the way, the regarding teh pic of your son hiking in Vermont -- he looks like a compassionate boy. I am not at all surprised he wanted to go veg with you. What mae him want to go veg? What motivates /inspires him to stay veg? especially if his sister is non-veg?

I would love to learn more about your con's personality/character. Was he always compassionate? Has he always loved animals? Details please details. I love hearing about compassionate, enlighhtened children that are years ahead of their biological age.

veganmadre
Elephant

#9 Postby veganmadre » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:18 pm

At 3 doing the white middle class family "age appropriate - timecapsule" professional photo

At 8 as the "toothfairy" for halloween

At 11 with my friend Katie at a swim meet

At 15 with my friend Mike at Key Club Convention

At 17 as "Rizzo" in "Grease" with my friend Tony

At 17 dressed in $20 thrift store dress for prom with my friends Jacky and Alexis

So, I don't know about the veganism and age thing. I was not a vegan until 18 but I never did the drug/alcohol....scene. I feel as though I've always looked older than my age. Maybe since I've become vegan I've "de-aged"? I'm 24 now. I think I look 24. But I don't really know...
Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.

Sknydpr
Manatee

#10 Postby Sknydpr » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:59 pm

There aren't too many pictures of me as a teenager, and I wouldn't show them to anyone if I even had them.

Here's me a month or two before I turned 43. I think I look the best that I ever have.

Richard wrote:I think those things are factors definitely in the ageing process, what do you think

You tell me: do I drink, smoke, do drugs? (Just messin' with ya, Richard.)

Richard
Site Admin

#11 Postby Richard » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:03 pm

:o I don't know. I have a friend who drinks heavily and he doesn't look very aged, although he is losing his hair. I know a guy who was 19 and looked about 30, and he smoked loads. I guess so much can affect how old you look

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#12 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:05 pm

I must say Dan that you look 35 MAX. And steel blue eyes to boot!!! :D :wink:

Wow, everybody on these boards looks so much younger than their age :!:

Living a compassionate lifestyle has so many benefits!!! 8) It is a win win situation all around. Our bodies when, our appearances win, the animals win, the environment wins, starving people in other parts of the world win.

How can you possibly lose with adopting a compassionate lifestyle? :D

Sknydpr
Manatee

#13 Postby Sknydpr » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:09 pm

compassionategirl wrote:I must say Dan that you look 35 MAX. And steel blue eyes to boot!!!

They're not really that light. I hadn't noticed them at all until someone accused me of photoshopping that. They were just washed out a bit by the flash.

jonathan
Elephant

#14 Postby jonathan » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:01 pm

compassionategirl wrote:Wow, everybody on these boards looks so much younger than their age :!:

that would make me look like 12 then wouldnt it! shit, i knew i shouldnt have gone vegan! :wink:

jonathan
Squat
Press
Eat
Repeat

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#15 Postby compassionategirl » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:11 pm

:lol:
ya I think Jonathan is one of the few exceptions to my statement. You look 28 Jonathan. Must be the height :!: :shock:

Return to “General Discussion”