Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:40 am 
Gorilla

tylerm wrote:
Here in the states (at least Ohio where I am from) there are sound ordinances. From something like 8am till 8pm you can make loud noise, and to hell with the neighbors. Before and after that time you can get cited by the cops. I don't understand how you can never be allowed to play your drums on your own property, even during the day. God forbid you do something like mow the lawn, it may be too loud :roll:

We have the same ordinances here, but it's 10pm. I used to go over to a friend's house to watch their band practices and we had the cops called any time we went a minute past 10pm. We started stopping at 9pm just to be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:17 pm 
Elephant

:evil: I just want to add that this pisses me off royally. And I say royal because you live in England.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:40 am 
Site Admin

Well, the lady from environmental health said that the law in this country (england) is that no matter what time of day it is, if the noise is of a certain level, and continues for a certain period of time, and causes a problem for somebody, then it is illegal. It is possible that perhaps my drumming would not come into those categories, but I think it would.

Anyway, i managed to get into the recording studio and record the drum tracks, and I managed to remember everything. So it's not so bad, just in future, I dunno where I will practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:10 pm 
Elephant

That sucks Richard ! :evil: Was it stated how your drumming was affecting them and what proof did they have to show that it is ?

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Crash wrote:
That sucks Richard ! :evil: Was it stated how your drumming was affecting them and what proof did they have to show that it is ?

Environmental health just gave me a warning, basically said that they had had a complaint, they weren't telling me I had to stop or threatening with any action at the time, and they don't have evidence or anything. But they let me know that if they get another complaint, they will bring in the audio equipment to see the level of the noise, and the neighbours have a log of when I play drums, and can basically say whatever the hell they like in that. I just don't want the hassle of it all. My home life with my parents is very 'complicated' as it is, and my parents and my neighbours are constantly at each other's throats. I don't want to contribute to all that