What religion do you associate yourself with?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Richard
Site Admin

#61 Postby Richard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:48 pm

well people are either saying it's a religion or it isn't. If it IS a religion, then a person can't be atheist and jewish. If it ISN'T a religion, why is it being talked about as if it is?

kollision
Elephant

#62 Postby kollision » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:52 pm

Richard wrote:well people are either saying it's a religion or it isn't. If it IS a religion, then a person can't be atheist and jewish. If it ISN'T a religion, why is it being talked about as if it is?

A lot of people get it confused.

No disrespect to Jews that consider themselves Jews, but this is just from research and common sense IMO.

Judaism is a religion.

It's like me being a Muslim, that is my religion. I can't be a Muslim and an Atheist. I could come from a Muslim family and be an athiest, but I wouldn't be Muslim if I was.

People use Jew synonymously with the people as well as the religion, which is not correct. Now if someone practices and lives like a Jew, but doesn't believe in the religion, I think that is why he/she calls themselves a Jew. But in all actuallity, they arent.

Its like if I were to practice Muslim tenets, but I was an atheist. Like dress properly, not eat Pork, etc., yet I don't believe in God.

This is why I don't understand why you would refer to yourself as a Jew when you don't believe in the religion. But that's just how some people are. Even a lot of White people and people in general do not even think of a Jews race. All they hear is Jew and that is final. But like I said, most Jews are white. It's a religion, and perhaps culture, but that's where it ends.

You get me mate?

Richard
Site Admin

#63 Postby Richard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Yeah, people are calling themselves jewish, although they don't actually believe in any of the religion, they just follow the traditions, in which case I'd describe them as agnostic / atheist, and not jewish (religion) at all

kollision
Elephant

#64 Postby kollision » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:56 pm

Richard wrote:Yeah, people are calling themselves jewish, although they don't actually believe in any of the religion, they just follow the traditions, in which case I'd describe them as agnostic / atheist, and not jewish (religion) at all

Same here, but I believe that even though they are atheist that they still hold strong to their cultural background, which is why they still refer to themselves as Jewish. I guess thats how powerful family is for them.

EDIT: Man I cant stop thinking of a Burqa haha. sorry lol.

Richard
Site Admin

#65 Postby Richard » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:59 pm

kollision
Elephant

#66 Postby kollision » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:01 pm

Richard wrote:Image

LOL MAN! Your PS skills kick arse man!

In that one, you look like a black costume of Scorpion. Sweet.

Return to “General Discussion”