Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:13 am 
Stegosaurus

JZA: I have no idea what MCF means. Care to elaborate?

TARZ: Yes, I concede that, if you have to work 14 hours a day to make all that $$, then you are likely to be miserable. I know many lawyers who are loaded, but who are also divorced, single, stressed, and are consumed by their work and have no real happiness, high blood pressure, are on anti-depressants, etc. etc. . That does NOT appeal to me at all and NO amount of money is worth it. SO to that extent I agree with you 100%.

What I really meant by money, however, is not so much working a million hours a week, but say, something like winning a large amount or something (whether in a lottery or however else you can win big bucks -- nothing else comes to mind). In THOSE circumstances, I think all the stuff I said in my original post applies and can, in those ways, go a long way in bringing you peace of mind, security, stress reduction and thus, to that extent, happiness. For example, precisly because it may give you the ability to say REDUCE your work hours and in fact spend more time with loved ones, etc. or fly to England :wink:

Michelle: Thanks for your kind words. They really do make me feel less helpless and powerless within the cause. :D

Post subject: Money is the root to all evil.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:31 am 
Think money can buy happiness?

"The love of money is the root of all evil." --Paul

"The lack of money is the root of all evil." --Mark Twain

No, I don't think happiness can be bought. I think money is dependent to an extent of unhappiness, esp. with respect to consumerism. The majority of people lack money with which to take care of their basic needs, let alone "buy happiness." With money a price is put on everything. People think they need money to be happy, but you can only think that in an economy based on money. The existence of money actually is an obstacle to happiness. No one should have to buy happiness. The money, along with the market economy in general, should be abolished.

Post subject: Re: Money is the root to all evil.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:33 am 
Daniel wrote:
"The love of money is the root of all evil." --Paul

the most misquoted line in history...top knotch.

Post subject: Re: Money is the root to all evil.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:36 am 
Stegosaurus

Daniel wrote:
No one should have to buy happiness. The money, along with the market economy in general, should be abolished.

That works for me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:30 am 
Elephant

I don't think excessive wealth will buy happiness, but having enough money that you can live in a safe neighborhood and don't have to constantly be stressed about paying rent is very important to happiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:43 am 
Gorilla

"Time is the essence of our lives."

"He who dies with the most toys, still dies."

I like these two sayings. When Dick Cheney is lying on his death bed, gasping his last breath, do you think he is going to be wishing for more Halliburton stock options or for another hour of life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:15 am 
Elephant

willpeavy wrote:
I don't think excessive wealth will buy happiness, but having enough money that you can live in a safe neighborhood and don't have to constantly be stressed about paying rent is very important to happiness.

:!:

Will sums it up perfectly - that's my opinion :D (it's cool - i just have to wait till someone smart posts my opinion here and then confirm :P )