Jamie Oliver

Cristian

Jamie Oliver is a famous young chef in Britain with his own tv shows, books etc. His latest show sees him travelling up and down Italy, Italian food being his favourite cusine, to learn new recepies. I haven't wathced any episodes because as a vegan I'm not interested at all, and also because I've never really liked the guy for the way in which he exploits simple Italian recepies to make huge profits in his restaurants or with his books.

Anyway, last week he was shown slitting a lamb's throat while the animal was still conscious. This attracted few complaints because the show airs at 9pm and many of his fans are children. I was at first really angry, but then I though that maybe such horrible scenes may have helped some viewers realise what's behind the meat industry.

Needless to say, I now like him even less.

Here's a link with the full story, let me know what you think.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=368300&in_page_id=1773

Yeah, weve become so desenitized to to the image of of what real food is, when people see KFC (fried chicken) they don't see chopped up fried animal body parts one thing that hurts me is when you see people in resturants choosing live lobster and watching it boil to death in a pot in front of their very eye's

Yeah, weve become so desenitized to to the image of of what real food is, when people see KFC (fried chicken) they don't see chopped up fried animal body parts one thing that hurts me is when you see people in resturants choosing live lobster and watching it boil to death in a pot in front of their very eye's

The boiling of lobsters is so inhumane! What's worse is the gleeful look on the people's faces & they await their cruel dinner. It amazes me that anyone would think these great creatures don't feel pain.

Here's a great lobster site that I keep bookmarked for those times when you encounter ingorance about lobsters. Lot's of great info here!

http://www.lobsterlib.com/fascinating.html

I read recently (Worldwatch?) that because the demand for lobsters is so great they are being harvested earlier & earlier in thier lifespans & there are some areas where there is great concern that the lobsters are not reaching full maturity & able to reproduce quickly enough to survive.

"When the last whale is gone, the whales will suffer no more."

Sadly it will be the same for these wonderful creatures.

I've never really liked the guy for the way in which he exploits simple Italian recepies to make huge profits in his restaurants or with his books.

as much as he's a kook, you do realise how silly that sounds, don't you?