Animal resuce in New Orleans - update

CrispyQ

Here is a site with good info on helping the animals in NOLA.

http://www.animalrescueneworleans.com/

snip...

11/19/05: Your Help is Still Needed

There is no legally binding ban on volunteers coming to Louisiana to help feed, water and humanely capture abandoned animals on the streets. Animal Rescue New Orleans volunteers have experienced no legal problems. No volunteers are canceling their trips and we are still urgently recruiting people. The animals who need our urgent assistance were both stray and companions prior to Katrina and are not always immediately visible. Most don’t come out until dusk and then roam well into the night. They are afraid and many are starving.

more...

NOVEMBER 14: A day of hope for the animals! Organizers Jane, Rob and Pia worked with a tireless team of ARNO volunteers to save 13 cats, 17 puppies, and 22 dogs. For one dog, the wait was finally over...

Over several days, this dog was marooned on a canal ledge inside a well, surviving on MREs the National Guard kindly tossed his way. After contemplating the best way to retrieve him, rescuers realized they’d need to lower themselves into the well. But as Rob lowered a ladder down toward the dog, the terrified little guy panicked and jumped into the water. In a split second, Rob bolted in after him. Soon the dog was safely inside Rob’s grasp and hauled up the ladder to dry ground.

===

There is good info on this page if you or someone you know is planning to go to NOLA to help. There is also info for needed supplies & monetary donations. I don't have lots of spare cash, but I can certainly spare something to help a dog like the one above.

Also, I'm sending this to my vet & encouraging them to donate supplies or cash to help these needy animals.