I'm moving

Hero

Hey everyone,

prepare yourself. Long post:

I am currently living with Megan and Robert in Corvallis, Oregon.

I came to Oregon to pursue a few things:

-make a trip across the USA in my grandfather's honor

-visit portland

-visit mt hood

-enjoy the scenery

-work outdoors

-get a job up on the mountain

-snowboard

-train with Robert

-pursue healthy living

-figure out who I am and continue the journey

I completed all of those except for actually getting to snowboard. I fractured my ankle skateboarding, and I realized as much as I love snowboarding, that I must give it up. If I was to continue my extreme sport lifestyle I could find myself in very poor health, physical/mental/emotional state, and going backwards in life. I've decided my health is more important then the sensation I get snowboarding.

Snowboarding was always an escape for me to get away from problems...but I no longer have any problems to escape from.

since our winter in PA is only 3 months long...

9 months of the year I found a way to cope with not being able to snowboard....and that is bodybuilding and music.

I have been involved with music for a good 5-6 yrs now. It has become one of my biggest passions. I've travelled many miles and states to see bands. I've slept in cars, vans, floors, you name it...just to hear music and attend shows. In the past couple years Ive picked up a few different instruments, and not even snowboarding can replace the feeling I get when playing music. nothing can duplicate it.

Back in highschool I was homeless and went thru many problems. I had a few friends there and their music to keep me alive. I spent everday and night with one person in particular. he became my bestfriend thru rough time. and his bestfriend soon became mine. I had a select few to call my true friends. But my family problems consumed me and we grew apart. and I lost contact with those 2 friends. I then went on a personal quest for health and escaping my problems thru the gym and fully submerged myself into the music scene. I became straight edge thru music. Ive become vegan thru music. I made and lost many friends... going to shows, playing and dancing. I am who I am because of music. When I play guitar or bass or sing, my little sister sits next to me and smiles. It is one of the only real time she has ever communicated with me . we communicate thru music. and in fact her schooling is music based. its really unique. anyway...

I came to Oregon and realized that my journey does not stop here. I had to come here to figure out where I am going next. always one foot in front of the other, always moving foward. while I love it here, in less than a month, its time for me to go.

That old highschool friend., has gotten in contact with me, and that same brotherly love is still there. I couldnt be happier. We grew up in the same small town, and I was surprised to see that he too had moved across the country. He moved to a little town of Flagstaff, Arizona.

About 3 weeks ago, his bestfriend moved from PA to AZ also. he took a greyhound bus across the whole USA and with no money left in his pocket to pursue music. There are the 2 of my bestfriends living together. and they are so close to where I reside and both have asked me to come reunite with them and play in a band with them.

I have tried playing in many bands over the years and I have yet to be able to duplicate the chemistry Ive had with these 2 guys. I couldnt be any more stoked for this opportunity. the chance to be able to create music again with them is significant to me.

I am putting 100% of myself into pursuing music. I do not care about the end result (fame, money, or lack there of), it is the journey I pursue.

Nothing is more satisfying then creating. and in the same respect, destroying.

I have sold my vehicle and bought myself a Bass guitar again. and will use the excess money to pay off some financial debt and to support myself til I get a job.

I have been practicing my vocals and guitar playing ever since I got to Corvallis. I always thought of music as just a hobby, but over the years I see now it has always been more than that. It is a passion. A way of life.

I paid Robert back a couple hundred dollars for the kind generous times he has provided for me. but I honestly could not pay him back enough with respect. cause without his nudge in the right direction, I would have never ventured out here. thank you robert.

Megan is also a really awesome person and her and I have had some great times together. hehe Team Awesome. hope you enjoy your new piercing.

<3

I will in a way be sad to depart, but my friends are always in my heart.

I look foward to being in a band, touring, creating music and putting a smile on people's faces, playing shows, etc.

I will continue to be vegan and straight edge and I will continue to bodybuild and pursue health.

I proved to myself, my family, and my friends that I can be vegan, strong, and healthy. And I have inspired others.

I no longer feel the need to be in the spotlight or compete to PROVE to the world that I am strong and health being vegan. Ive proven it to myself and that is all that matters.

I might continue to "model", I might not.

I still love to wear veganbodybuilding shirts..especially on stage . hehe. to help Robert out with his site. he has put so much effort, time, and sweat into this, that I will proudly wear the shirt on stage to help get the site out there.

I wish you best of luck on your movie. and hope to collaborate with you on future business ventures. <3

and of course I will continue to post on the site.

maybe not as often due to not owning a computer, and once the band is in full effect...we'll be touring. it could take a year , it could took 5 or more, but you are all in my hearts and I am not disappearing off the face of the earth. so dont be upset if I dont post. yes, I am still vegan. I'm just busy living my life off the computer. yes life off the computer exists. hehe.

My gym membership here ends december 17th. and I plan to move after that date. I will take a bus to AZ.

take care everyone.

love Topher

p.s. I met brandon brazier last night. awesome dude. I love vega supplements. please support him www.myvega.com

and please support robert's new movie and the calendars.

Love for the animals and people who help protect them. I'm off to robert's movie premiere.

Peace be upon you Topher,

You were a great person here and it will be sad to see you go, but at the same time I am happy that you are pursuing what you wish to do. Seeing that music is one if not THEE most important thing in your life, I am glad that you are following your dream. I am also glad to hear that you have the right set of mind of not wanting riches or fame, but that you play to keep yourself at peace.

It's gonna be lonlier without you, but our hearts and prayers extend to you. You are a good guy and you deserve the best. Peace Topher...

Hey Topher,

I was really surprised to see this forum heading......I know you said you'd be moving sometime but I didn't know when. Of course, I wish you the best of luck and I'll miss you. I'm sorry I haven't been around much, and when I have, I've been a little stressed out. But we have had some good times and great times. Training in the gym, helping me prepare for contest, chasing after vegan girls, playing on the haystack with the kids, late nights hanging out and then me telling you guys to be quiet so I can go to sleep and wake up in a few hours for work, traveling around town and just hanging out.

It seems like you just got here and I've taken a long break from the gym, so that means we'll make the most of your final month at the gym.

I didn't actually know where you'd be going, I knew you told me the story about the friends and AZ, but I didn't know if you'd be going for sure. Thanks for the money, I was happy to help you out. That was one of my goals, I wanted to help you out. You looked up to me for years and as I said tonight at the movie premier, I've looked up to you and you're not only going to follow in my footsteps but I've been trying to set you up to surpass me and take the torch I'd pass along to you. Run with it, do what you like with it. Become big, strong and healthy. Thanks for wearing shirts around and always passing out the flyers. It means a lot. I actually look up to you a lot more than you know. I know I kid you and joke around and say no more jokes after 11PM, but you're a very unique person, driven by passion to find yourself and find what you love most.

I know the Mountain didn't work out as you wanted and training with me may not have worked out as you wanted as I took some time off, but I hope you've enjoyed your time out here. You've met my entire family and we had some good moments and after you leave I'm sure we'll cross paths many more times. I used to live out in AZ and have been dying to go back to visit, live or work. So someday I'll be out there again.

Best of luck on this continuous journey we call life. I know you'll find what you're searching for soon. One thing is certain, you'll have fun and remain positive all the time.....one of the things we're gonna miss most about you.

Love ya brother! <3

Topher! What an articulate, heartfelt and soul seeking post! I wish you the best of luck in everything! I personally can relate a million times over to your struggles, confusion and wandering spirit! I am thrilled that you have identified a true passion and wish you all the luck in the world!

Peace be upon you Topher,

You were a great person here and it will be sad to see you go, but at the same time I am happy that you are pursuing what you wish to do. Seeing that music is one if not THEE most important thing in your life, I am glad that you are following your dream. I am also glad to hear that you have the right set of mind of not wanting riches or fame, but that you play to keep yourself at peace.

It's gonna be lonlier without you, but our hearts and prayers extend to you. You are a good guy and you deserve the best. Peace Topher...

thank you so much Kalani. you are an awesome friend.

I wish you the same in pursuing your goals and dreams.

and remember everytime you feel down:

Youre not the only one out there who feels the way you do.

I'm not disappearing forever, so keep an eye out for my posts in the future.

Hey Topher,

I was really surprised to see this forum heading......I know you said you'd be moving sometime but I didn't know when. Of course, I wish you the best of luck and I'll miss you. I'm sorry I haven't been around much, and when I have, I've been a little stressed out. But we have had some good times and great times. Training in the gym, helping me prepare for contest, chasing after vegan girls, playing on the haystack with the kids, late nights hanging out and then me telling you guys to be quiet so I can go to sleep and wake up in a few hours for work, traveling around town and just hanging out.

It seems like you just got here and I've taken a long break from the gym, so that means we'll make the most of your final month at the gym.

I didn't actually know where you'd be going, I knew you told me the story about the friends and AZ, but I didn't know if you'd be going for sure. Thanks for the money, I was happy to help you out. That was one of my goals, I wanted to help you out. You looked up to me for years and as I said tonight at the movie premier, I've looked up to you and you're not only going to follow in my footsteps but I've been trying to set you up to surpass me and take the torch I'd pass along to you. Run with it, do what you like with it. Become big, strong and healthy. Thanks for wearing shirts around and always passing out the flyers. It means a lot. I actually look up to you a lot more than you know. I know I kid you and joke around and say no more jokes after 11PM, but you're a very unique person, driven by passion to find yourself and find what you love most.

I know the Mountain didn't work out as you wanted and training with me may not have worked out as you wanted as I took some time off, but I hope you've enjoyed your time out here. You've met my entire family and we had some good moments and after you leave I'm sure we'll cross paths many more times. I used to live out in AZ and have been dying to go back to visit, live or work. So someday I'll be out there again.

Best of luck on this continuous journey we call life. I know you'll find what you're searching for soon. One thing is certain, you'll have fun and remain positive all the time.....one of the things we're gonna miss most about you.

Love ya brother! <3

brotha, we've had soo much fun. this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I cant wait to make the most of my final month here. lets start hitting those weights hard.

youve been like an older brother to me, and youve really helped me out.

I dont even know what to say cause Im get all choked up inside.

again Thank you for everything. <3

and expect me to wear veganbodybuilding shirts on stage

hehe.

Aaron said it all.

I love you man, you're awesome. An inspiration

Go live your dream!

I hope someday i can listen to you live on stage.

Peace,

Alex

thanks dude. youre awesome as well. hehe such a big strong ripped guy. you look fantastic in the calendar. Im taking about a year or two to bulk up while I can, so maybe one day I will compete and be your size.

one day you WILL be able to listen to me live on stage. its all about being positive.

you and robert and kalani and many others on this site have inspired me a great deal. thanks so much

Topher! What an articulate, heartfelt and soul seeking post! I wish you the best of luck in everything! I personally can relate a million times over to your struggles, confusion and wandering spirit! I am thrilled that you have identified a true passion and wish you all the luck in the world!

aww thanks. I wish you the best in everything too. say hi to the kids for me.

Have fun on the road dude!

Here's a picture of the Minor Threat tour van from the early 80s for inspiration

http://www.geocities.com/natesoimusic/MinorThreatBand.jpg

nice!! thats gonna be awesome to tour in a van again.

thanks man.

to make it short:

i wish you all the best and i really hope you'll achieve your goals.

you're a true inspiration and a kind of role model for me (and i think not only for me!) i'm really looking forward to listening to your music one day

hope you "visit" us here regularly.

take care buddy!

to make it short:

i wish you all the best and i really hope you'll achieve your goals.

you're a true inspiration and a kind of role model for me (and i think not only for me!) i'm really looking forward to listening to your music one day

hope you "visit" us here regularly.

take care buddy!

thank you Lelle. Glad I could inspire you and others

I'll be around.

take care duder.

Hey Topher,

Tell me about it man.....that "choked up" feeling is how I felt while I was typing.....I always hear you mention maybe doing this or that or maybe leaving sometime, but to see it like it's official, it set in. I know we go through experiences learn from them and move on to other things and then cross paths again.

For example....one of my best friends is a guy named Leonard from Estonia. We lived together for 6 months on a cruise ship and he was like an older brother to me. He was around 30 when I was 22. I loved that guy and when we said goodbye, it was goodbye because I thought I'd never see him again since he lived on the other side of the world. Two years later I ended up on a cruise ship that stopped in Estonia. He met me at the dock and it was one of the greatest feelings. He got to meet up 3 times and spend all day together and catch up. I'm sure I'll see him again.

So actually, something funny.....I got a letter from one of my relatives in AZ today. I said to my mom (her house is where I'm at now) that we should plan a trip to AZ to visit our family there.....and then we could see you too

Anyway bro, I work all day Sun but on Mon after I finish my outdoor project we'll hit the gym, and make that a frequent place for the next month.

See ya in a bit,

Rob

Thats a touching story

that must have felt so warm to have him show up 2 yrs later and meet you as you got off the cruise ship in Estonia.

hey remember this from the video megan and I filmed at the west coast beach?

megan: "astoria"

topher: "Estonia...? wait..what?"

heheh

anyway, yeh dude I know the feeling. our paths will cross again.

definately come down to AZ sometime once Im there and visit. hehe.

monday for the gym sounds good.

thank you so much Kalani. you are an awesome friend.

I wish you the same in pursuing your goals and dreams.

and remember everytime you feel down:

Youre not the only one out there who feels the way you do.

I'm not disappearing forever, so keep an eye out for my posts in the future.

you and robert and kalani and many others on this site have inspired me a great deal. thanks so much

You are one of the originals man, just like how Nat told me, it's gonna be a big loss...

You are awesome too bro and I remember about our predicaments and I thought I was the only one like that. Sometimes its hard to bare but it seems like you are getting out of that an I am glad. The first step is always the biggest step IMO, and you are doing it so the rest of your future should be great man.

Hope to see ya around and when I don't, I'll remember that you are having fun doing what ya do. Thanks to Rob also for opening his place to ya, he's a great guy too and it's hard to express feelings for good guys like ya enough. Just let us know that you are going when the day you actually go bro.

Good luck Topher Do what makes you happy! It'll be great to see your old friends again, I wish you all the best with your music career.

I know I've only been on this forum for a couple of months but I could tell straight away that you're an awesome guy and a great example of vegan lifestyle & fitness.

Enjoy your last weeks with Robert, I'm sure you guys will cherish your friendship, it's clearly special.