Bear attacks hunter that shot him

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

veggymeggy
Gorilla

Bear attacks hunter that shot him

#1 Postby veggymeggy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:03 am

Way to go bear!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/25/bear.a ... index.html

Too bad the bear still died :cry:
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams,
telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

kollision
Elephant

#2 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:56 am

Always sad news...this guy needs to be tortured alive. I hate hunters, they are one of the lowliests of the low. :evil:

Richard
Site Admin

#3 Postby Richard » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:43 am

Bastards. And it's kind of sick how that news story is told, with no compassion at all. The guy deserves worse than being bit a couple of times, but I guess that's more revenge than most animals get.

Gym hater
Manatee

#4 Postby Gym hater » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:39 am

kollision wrote:Always sad news...this guy needs to be tortured alive. I hate hunters, they are one of the lowliests of the low. :evil:

Hunters that hunt for killing suck. But hunting for food is a little less bad than buying meat that came from tortured animals. If you hunt the meat you eat has atleast had a happy life. But hunting also shows you have no compassion for animals, but so does buying meat and knowing how it got there.

kollision
Elephant

#5 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:42 am

Gym hater wrote:
kollision wrote:Always sad news...this guy needs to be tortured alive. I hate hunters, they are one of the lowliests of the low. :evil:

Hunters that hunt for killing suck. But hunting for food is a little less bad than buying meat that came from tortured animals. If you hunt the meat you eat has atleast had a happy life. But hunting also shows you have no compassion for animals, but so does buying meat and knowing how it got there.

I should've clarified, but I agree with all you said and those are my points as well. But most of the times I hear about hunting is all Trophy hunting. I can't believe they actually have a channel dedicated to it called OLN. Everytime I pass that channel majority of the time they are hunting. Same on ESPN, it's sick.

Hunting the wild for food is a bit better than Factory Farming IMO, since the animal doesn't live confined and tortured every day. But since we are in a society today that doesn't need to be dependant on meat since there are a lot of other alternatives, I still find it bad, just not AS bad.

Richard
Site Admin

#6 Postby Richard » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:46 am

Hunting for food is like someone shooting your mum and then eating her.

kollision
Elephant

#7 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:08 am

Richard wrote:Hunting for food is like someone shooting your mum and then eating her.

It aint wrong if it is for survival. It's like a lion eating my mom. Of course I would be sad, but theres no reason to hold a grudge against the lion because He/She was hungry. But it is far worse from our standpoint since we do not need to rely on meat and have so many other alternatives. More importantly, we are apparently "More civilized". Yeah right :roll:

Richard
Site Admin

#8 Postby Richard » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:16 am

For survival yes, but that wasn't what was said so far in this thread. There are lots of people who hunt for food, even though it's not for survival, and those are the people who suck. If it's for survival, then there's no other choice.

kollision
Elephant

#9 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:21 am

Richard wrote:For survival yes, but that wasn't what was said so far in this thread. There are lots of people who hunt for food, even though it's not for survival, and those are the people who suck. If it's for survival, then there's no other choice.

Agreed :D

Seriously though, I can't stand how newspaper articles just talk in such a monotonous tone, and this was something serious. Majority of the times, they would actually try and make the reader feel bad for the hunter! I was expecting that on this one.

Richard
Site Admin

#10 Postby Richard » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:28 am

Yeah me too, I thought they were going to say how he's like a hero or something, f*ck all that. If they were talking about a man shooting another man and then getting attacked by the man he shot, the story would have been reported a lot different

kollision
Elephant

#11 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:30 am

Richard wrote:Yeah me too, I thought they were going to say how he's like a hero or something, f*ck all that. If they were talking about a man shooting another man and then getting attacked by the man he shot, the story would have been reported a lot different

Exactly. O well...at least the bear took something outta him and hopefully it'll stop that guy from hunting. If not, I really do hope that Good triumphs the next time. Too much evil in this world.... :x

willpeavy
Elephant

#12 Postby willpeavy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:08 pm

Support your right to arm bears!

[url=http://willpeavy.net/:34olz5pn]willpeavy.net[/url:34olz5pn]

kollision
Elephant

#13 Postby kollision » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:05 pm

willpeavy wrote:Support your right to arm bears!

O man that is sweet! Thanks!

robert
Site Admin

#14 Postby robert » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:20 pm

Yeah, I've seen this before.

Any idea on which websites carry this t-shirt? I know I've seen it, and I like it. 8)

Bears Rule!

-Big Big Teddy Bear Him

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kollision
Elephant

#15 Postby kollision » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:31 pm

robert wrote:Yeah, I've seen this before.

Any idea on which websites carry this t-shirt? I know I've seen it, and I like it. 8)

Bears Rule!

-Big Big Teddy Bear Him

I agree, I'd buy it!

Return to “General Discussion”