who to donate to

CollegeB

I wish I could just round up all the stray animals and homeless people and let them into the warm heated underground parking.

I always thought a combo homeless people/homeless animal shelter would be an interesting idea. All would be warm and fed and taken care of, and the animals would have companionship and caretakers, while the humans would benefit from the companionship of the animals.

CrispyQ, I am happy to report Hegins pigeon shoot is no longer exist.

We stopped almost 10 years ago.

I joined to other animal rihgts activists to protest barbarity almost every year more than 10 years ago.

When little boy cried as he was looking at wounded bird.

What hunters said to him?

"That what pigeons are here for. To get hurt."

I also wrote to editor of well known newspaper and publicized about blood bath of Hegins pigeon shoot and my letter was published.

CrispyQ, I am happy to report Hegins pigeon shoot is no longer exist.

We stopped almost 10 years ago.

I joined to other animal rihgts activists to protest barbarity almost every year more than 10 years ago.

When little boy cried as he was looking at wounded bird.

What hunters said to him?

"That what pigeons are here for. To get hurt."

I also wrote to editor of well known newspaper and publicized about blood bath of Hegins pigeon shoot and my letter was published.

Excellent! Nice work Violet.

compassionategirl, some homeless people have mental problem and animals are not safe with some homeless people.

Some homeless people end up on the street because of their mental problem and unable to find job first place.

Many homeless people are afraid to go in shelter where homeless people stay and they feel much safer to sleep on freezing cold street.

I was watching television when they showed homeless man and his dog.

His dog was forced to inhale smoke constantly and killed in fire because his smoking habit caused fire and burned his shelter!

I don't think putting animals with group of homeless people is good idea.

Not to change the subject, I was speaking to a man who clean building about stray cat I wanted to place because he sounded like very nice man.

One of my co-worker told me that I should not let him have animal because he has mental problem and cannot care for animals.

I don't believe in discrimination against people with problems but when we place animals, we must think realistically and place in safe home with responsible people.

compassionategirl, some homeless people have mental problem and animals are not safe with some homeless people.

Some homeless people end up on the street because of their mental problem and unable to find job first place.

Many homeless people are afraid to go in shelter where homeless people stay and they feel much safer to sleep on freezing cold street.

I was watching television when they showed homeless man and his dog.

His dog was forced to inhale smoke constantly and killed in fire because his smoking habit caused fire and burned his shelter!

I don't think putting animals with group of homeless people is good idea.

Not to change the subject, I was speaking to a man who clean building about stray cat I wanted to place because he sounded like very nice man.

One of my co-worker told me that I should not let him have animal because he has mental problem and cannot care for animals.

I don't believe in discrimination against people with problems but when we place animals, we must think realistically and place in safe home with responsible people.

how can you generalise in such a discriminatory fashion?! you say that people who are homeless are homeless because they are more than likely to have a 'mental problem'. perfectly normal people, through extreme circumstances end up homeless. it has little to do with their mental state. how can you be so discriminatory?!

violet you me.

jonathan

how can you generalise in such a discriminatory fashion?! you say that people who are homeless are homeless because they are more than likely to have a 'mental problem'. perfectly normal people, through extreme circumstances end up homeless. it has little to do with their mental state. how can you be so discriminatory?!

Violet clearly stated that "some" homeless people are homeless because of psychological problems, which is true.

'some' people with homes have mental problems. 'some' people with jobs have mental problems. that is not the point.

by stating that 'some' homeless people have mental problems, and then stating that because of that all homeless people should be denied something that others are allowed, is discrimination.

jonathan

Thanks, Violet!

Guess they're off my donation list now!

The link provided is a GREAT site. Please everybody read it. Not many people are aware that some enviro organizations like the WWF are responsible for continued and extensive animal testing methods.

Did you see the pic of the rabbit with that eye? And also the pic of the dead rabbits after testing was done on them in a bloody pile in a garbage bag? Those images make my whole body go tense and I start shaking with rage. There is nothing we can do about it except please boycott animal testing companies, buy organic foods, and be careful which enviro orgs you donate too. PLEASE!! The rabbit with the puss filled, damaged, swollen, painful eye needs us, please.

PLEASE DONT SUPPORT ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS that are not opposed to animal testing.

More chemicals and more dead tortured maimed animals is NOT the path forward.

Please....

And lots of the foods we eat are invasive, what about cotton? That wasnt here 500 yrs ago. Corn is in the same category.

Yep, and the monk parakeets does cause some damage to fruit orchards in Florida. So in that state some people would like to label the parakeet "invasive" (a term for non-native species that cause environmental, health or agricultural harm). As it is, the fruit the parakeets are eating is not a native species.

Here is a photo from last week's protest at the office building of the power company that is killing these birds.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/veganism/journal/invasive.jpg

Woodson is the Chair and CEO for United Illuminating, his company is capturing monk parakeets that nest on utility poles and having them killed by the USDA.

Hi Daniel,

I am just curious: is that you on your avatar?

• 2 weeks later...

Got a candel from amnesty smelling like beewax... I maild to them about it and got some reply on how nice there workers who make the candels are treeted.. some rehabilitation program...

Think that both big and small organizations can be effective depending on there strategy..

like the london greenpeace (small group world wide attention)

but when it comes to put countries under presure it's good to have big organisations.. also to get labels on products etc..

I gave money to food for life, but i don't like the religious background..

• 2 weeks later...