My vegan letter published on famous Italian forum

Cristian

Hey guys,

My letter has just been published on a forum called "Italians" which is run by one of Italy's most important journalists, Beppe Severgnini. You can find it here http://www.corriere.it/solferino/severgnini/

Just scroll to "mercoledi 14 dicembre", the letter is titled "Filosofia vegana" (vegan philosophy); it's about my experience at the Christmas Without Cruelty fayre last week. The letter will be on the forum for a week. I'm glad they picked it as they apparently receive hundreds of letters each day and they only publish 10. As far as I know, veganism is almost unheard of in Italy, hopefully my letter will help the cause. "Italians" is a popular forum, it started 7 years ago as a place where to share experiences for Italians who live abroad. Since then it's grown almost to a national institution and is visited by thousands each day. "Corriere.it" is the website of Italy's most important newspaper.

Here's a quick translation of the letter:

Hi Beppe,

sunday 4th December I went to the CFWC held at kensigton's town hall. Such events are growing in popularity and I was assured that attendances to the Kensigton's one has increased year by year.

There were animal right charities, who raise money for animal welfare along with many companies, each displaying their products which are not derived/tested on animals.

It's been a great opportunity to find out how and where to buy useful products and to learn more about animal welfare. These events are also a great example of normality, vegans and vegetarians are common people who live compassionately and wish to spare suffering to the animal kingdom.

I've been vegan for almost a year now and it was reassuring to see the high number of visitors, especially teenagers and families. I've also attended two conferences by medical researchers/scientits who underlined the importance of funding alternative research instead of focusing on animal testing alone.

I've also met a bodybuilder (Robbie) who recently finished second at Mr Great Britain who, first posed for the public and then procedeed with his colleague to explain how is possible to practice this sport while on a natural diet without using any animal products.

A very nice day, living as a vegan is easy and is the right choice for those who care about animal walfare and the environment

Hey Cristian.

Nice1! It's an excellent letter. Fair play for writing it and spreading the word, especially to Italians, where veganism is something of an alien concept to them. Congratulations on your letter being selected to from the thousands that are submitted for entry each week.

Maybe you want to send them a pic of you doing press-up's as well? I'm sure Pete won't mind emailing you the pictures.

It was good to meet you and your partner at the Fayre last week. Look forward to meeting up with you again soon.

Matt.