Goldfinger!

veggymeggy

Is coming to town (Portland) on 1/5/05 and I am SO going to be there.

As previously mentioned, John of Goldfinger is vegan, and I believe other members of the band are various forms of vegetarian. He's down with animal rights, and has done videos and promotions for Peta, etc.

Saw them in 2000 at the Crystal with my high school sweetheart. One of the best shows I've ever been to! Now almost 6 years later (and 4 years post break up with the high school sweetheart) he and I are going to see them again, at the Roseland. I am indescribably excited!

One of my favorite bands, with one of my favorite persons, at one of my favorite venues. I'm a happy girl

Is coming to town (Portland) on 1/5/05 and I am SO going to be there.

As previously mentioned, John of Goldfinger is vegan, and I believe other members of the band are various forms of vegetarian. He's down with animal rights, and has done videos and promotions for Peta, etc.

Saw them in 2000 at the Crystal with my high school sweetheart. One of the best shows I've ever been to! Now almost 6 years later (and 4 years post break up with the high school sweetheart) he and I are going to see them again, at the Roseland. I am indescribably excited!

One of my favorite bands, with one of my favorite persons, at one of my favorite venues. I'm a happy girl

hehe" i just posted about this in another thread. i think that you mean that you are going to see them on the 5th of january 2006, not 2005!

i used to play a few of their songs - 99 red balloons (i know its a cover) and here in my bedroom (it was pretty tricky for me a few years back!) and a few others that i cant remember.

enjoy - i am jealous!

jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

omg, omg, omg.

Just got back from Goldfinger show.

Euphoric.

1st opening band was alright.

Next up - Zebrahead. It's been years, they kicked ass. Sooooo hot.....

then GOLDFINGER. Effin A. We danced, we jumped, we moshed, he promoted veganism, even sang one of my favorites - FTN You can guess what the F stands for, the TN is Ted Nugent. Chorus - "He's a dick!"

Finished off with the best cover ever - 99 Red Balloons. Played bunches of favorites - Question, Superman, Counting the Days. Seriously. So great.

Stuck around for Reel Big Fish - meh. Take 'em or leave em. Put on a good show, but I spent all my energy on Goldfinger.

Coincedently - was there with old friends, and ran into even more old friends at the show. Good good times.

SOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finished off with the best cover ever - 99 Red Balloons.

Nice cover indeed. But I like Take On Me by Reel Big Fish better.

I wish I was at the deep freeze tour. But european tour dates haven't been confirmed yet. Last time RBF and goldfinger toured together Goldfinger didn't come to the Netherlands:( But RBF was nice, and Zebrahead was allright. I only liked playmate of the year.