Magic Bullet VS. Vitamix

Dr. Pink

In a Battle between the Magic Bullet and the Vita-mix blender. Who wins?

I do have a magic bullet. But there are some things I don't like about it.

1. It doesn't hold much.

2. The power of the bullet more often then not gets the job done quick. But with certain foods it doesn't do a good job. I just made a shake with strawberries, kiwi and soymilk. Instead of coming out perfectly juicy like I wanted it came out with little seeds. Boo.

3. I don't like how the actual cup is upside down. Sometimes it leaks into the motor.

4. The rubber leak stopper is a little inconvenient for me. I don't like having to touch it with my bare hands otherwise I would know that once I do the germs from my hand will eventually get into my food. So I usually try and put it in there without my hands. Big hassle.

With my complaints aside. when it comes to capacity and sheer power. Which one reins supreme?

the vitamix has more capacity and more power. I hear alot of people who enjoy the magic bullet. There are few machines in this category that can compete with either the blendtec or the vitamix. However in defense of other machines, many are not constructed to fill the role of the Vitamix and Blendtec. So you may be comparing very different machines.

I own both. There is no comparison between the two. The Vitamix wins hands down. I do like the Magic Bullet and I'm not throwing it out. I did however run into the same problems with the seal leaking. It would make a mess in the motor area and was yucky to clean. It is however great to make salsa or a quick on-the-go drink. The Vitamix makes smoothies, ice cream, or even hot soup (plus much more). Their website lists many vegan recipes. I used to make smoothies in the Magic Bullet. I haven't even touched it since I got the Vitamix in August. The Vitamix has the best motor in it and can crush ice in record time. This is the first blender I have found to crush ice as quickly as it does and without burning up the motor. The Vitamix is also by far the easiest blender I have ever cleaned!!!! It is well worth the investment.

I own both. There is no comparison between the two. The Vitamix wins hands down. I do like the Magic Bullet and I'm not throwing it out. I did however run into the same problems with the seal leaking. It would make a mess in the motor area and was yucky to clean. It is however great to make salsa or a quick on-the-go drink. The Vitamix makes smoothies, ice cream, or even hot soup (plus much more). Their website lists many vegan recipes. I used to make smoothies in the Magic Bullet. I haven't even touched it since I got the Vitamix in August. The Vitamix has the best motor in it and can crush ice in record time. This is the first blender I have found to crush ice as quickly as it does and without burning up the motor. The Vitamix is also by far the easiest blender I have ever cleaned!!!! It is well worth the investment.

well put

I wish I could afford one but I'm stuck with a Magic Bullet too.

Ditto! I can't afford to even try a Vitamix. Though, the Magic Bullet holds pretty well for me!

I do have a magic bullet. But there are some things I don't like about it.

1. It doesn't hold much.

2. The power of the bullet more often then not gets the job done quick. But with certain foods it doesn't do a good job. I just made a shake with strawberries, kiwi and soymilk. Instead of coming out perfectly juicy like I wanted it came out with little seeds. Boo.

3. I don't like how the actual cup is upside down. Sometimes it leaks into the motor.

4. The rubber leak stopper is a little inconvenient for me. I don't like having to touch it with my bare hands otherwise I would know that once I do the germs from my hand will eventually get into my food. So I usually try and put it in there without my hands. Big hassle.

1. I can see your point, but it can hold a fair amount, and if needed I just dump my mix into a glass and add more to blend if I need more than one load.

2. Ditto on the power of it! I never tried seeded fruits with it, though. I'd imagine such small seeds wouldn't be a problem to me, though.

3. Mines doesn't leak into the motor. It once did, but only because I hadn't closed it tight enough. Other than that once, it's always stayed tightly closed until I'd open it.

4. Huh? Umm...maybe just wash your hands before fixing it? Heck, if you get germs from touching your food (to add your food into it), then why does it matter? Unless you put the food into it while avoiding touching the food. I don't worry so much about germs as long as I do my best to clean up well (my hands and the kitchen). I don't think germs are much of a problem for us, because our immune system learns when we're young to start building up against bad germs (and there's some germs that are good).

Above all, even though I can't compare it to a Vitamix, I can say I love it! It's cheaper, quicker (the name says all!), and easy to clean! I give it 2 thumbs up and 5 stars!

Number 4. I wash everything beforehand and put my food directly into the blender from the drainer I washed them with. I just tip the drainer over and shake the food into the blender.

Ah, ok. Well, see, I'm different there. lol. I usually wash my hands first, then grab the food and wash it, then cut the food as needed and just put it into the Magic Bullet with my hands (which were cleaned moments earlier). Many situations wouldn't be good for me to wash them after I cut them anyway, as like with something like tomatoes the pulp would be washed away ( ), and many things I blend (unless small like berries) end up getting cut before blending. Either way, I figure the skin of the fruit is the only thing that needs washing. *shrugs* And besides, my husband and I are usually good about cleanliness. Hey, we never got sick from preparing our foods yet, so I say we're doing good at it!

(As a side note, though, I barely ever like going to restaurants anymore...even if I crave and enjoy the food, I constantly worry about if they cleaned up properly and such. After what you hear about reports about their uncleanliness, it makes you wonder! I don't have a cleaning phobia or such, but I do worry about my health!)

I would wash Tomatoes whole too. I only feel the need to chop those because the Magic Bullet is so small and the Tomatoes we grow would never fit in that blender whole. And I agree. Pulp is important. Usually my home made tomato sauce comes out way too runny.

I would wash Tomatoes whole too. I only feel the need to chop those because the Magic Bullet is so small and the Tomatoes we grow would never fit in that blender whole. And I agree. Pulp is important. Usually my home made tomato sauce comes out way too runny.

Yeah, same here, because I buy the large tomatoes from the store most times. I'll sometimes buy the small roma tomatoes when they're cheaper (but I hate how they're waxed, ugh), and those could probably blend well whole, though I never tried it with the small roma tomatoes yet.

Ooh, you make homemade tomato sauce? Great! I've been enjoying making my own, especially now that I'm eating more raw foods, as I can easily have a complete raw salad with tomato sauce instead of dressing. Oh, and raw salsa. And I even made a raw pie with blended tomatoes mixed into the filling (which was mostly fruit pulp leftover from juicing). Yep, my Magic Bullet really helps me get creative with foods! lol. (Funny, because before we switched to this type of lifestyle, I remember my husband and I complaining that it was a complete waste of money since we barely used it! )

Well, I better weigh in on this one. I own both, I started with the magic bullet and received the Vitamix for Christmas 2 years ago.

While I give the Magic Bullet props for their amazingly hilarious

, the product as a blender is rather lackluster. I reserve it for times when I don't want to haul the vitamix out and I use it only if i need to chop up some nuts (which again, it doesn't do an amazing job of) or for simple drinks like say... chocolate hemp milk, banana, with Living Harvest hemp protein.

Anything else involving large amounts of fresh or frozen fruits/vegetables gets relegated to the Vitamix. Even then, I've had the Vitamix struggle to chew up some apples and pears before. Who knows, maybe i'm not "doing it right". Vitamix is far and away the best investment. I know they have them at Costco sometimes so that may be something to look into.

• 4 years later...

My sister has a Vitamix I got to use for a week. Overpriced garbage. My 35 dollar blender works just as well, AND it has a glass container. Never used the magic bullet, too small for what I use a blender for; blending pea stew, making hummus, bean dips, etc.

While I have neither, I do have a BlendTec. Like many others, I blanched at the thought of spending close to $400 on a blender. However, I could never make a decent green smoothie with my Oester along with other blended drinks. After a lot of research I decided to bite the bullet (no pun intended), and pickup the Blendtec as it was on sale at my local Costco.

It worked so well that it was the major turning point for me to turn vegan. I have pockets in my gums that make it impossible to drink smoothies made with raspberries, blackberries or any hard seeded fruit. With the BlendTec, I run it on "Whole Juice," then "Smoothie." No seeds!

The Blendtec is an essential part of my daily diet. If the Blendtec died today, I'd probably get a VitaMix because they are available all the time at Costco. As far as a comparison between the two, it only boils down to price. Which one is available at the better price.

The are both great appliances and produce the same great results. Any debate between the two is like debating Mac vs Pc, Ford vs Chevy. In other words...too much to do about nothing.