Fear Factor drinking insect milkshake

Jay

I never watch this sort of thing but my wife was and I was ed not that they drank an insect milkshake. What was horrific was how they killed probably a couple hundred worms and roaches.

I consider insects to be beautiful things. Little miracles of life. I love the extra diversity they bring to the life of this world.

So they just threw them all in the blender and without a thought grinded them to liquid. Not a thougth about the monstrosity of their actions. One roach was hanging on the top trying to escape as his brothers below were nothing more than soup...... What fucking monsters.

I was a meat eater just two years ago and a year ago I still craved meat. Lately the emotional is catching back up with the logic (I had the emotional a decade previous but squashed it). It's hard to understand how it gets triggered. Probably a combination of many things. I think reading this blog strangely enough broke through to me. http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php Afterwards I now have a very hard time even feeding my cats. (I can't afford vegan cat food.)

But then I've been unemployed and laying around the last few months. Maybe the rest time has afforded my brain "contemplation" on a subconcious level after the last 15 or so years of nonstop hardwork.

See blue text

I consider insects to be beautiful things. Little miracles of life. I love the extra diversity they bring to the life of this world.

DAMN STRAIGHT THEY ARE. I TOTALLY SEE IT THAT SAME WAY JAY.

So they just threw them all in the blender and without a thought grinded them to liquid. Not a thougth about the monstrosity of their actions. One roach was hanging on the top trying to escape as his brothers below were nothing more than soup...... What fucking monsters.

That is F^%^%G appaulling those assh%$es!! The arrogance with which humans treat other "lesser" forms of life DISGUSTS, ENRAGES and APPAULS me. Yes they are insects, but they still deserve better than being thoughtlessly thrown in a blender and killed in such a callous, cruel manner. Obviously the one roach was terrified and trying to escape the horrible fate he saw his brothers go through. That show is NOTORIOUS for a wanton exploitation and murder of non-human life.

I was a meat eater just two years ago and a year ago I still craved meat. Lately the emotional is catching back up with the logic (I had the emotional a decade previous but squashed it). It's hard to understand how it gets triggered. Probably a combination of many things.

I think that animal suffering is an emotive issue. I think that it's important to not lose touch with the emotional side of animal cruelty. I notice that many logical vegans try to squash the emotional side o veganism and ar but I think that emotion has its place and its importance.

But then I've been unemployed and laying around the last few months. Maybe the rest time has afforded my brain "contemplation" on a subconcious level after the last 15 or so years of nonstop hardwork.

Yup, it is hard not to feel emotional about animal cruelty when you really contemplate the manner in which we, humans, so thoughtlessly and arrogantly cause billions of the most vulnerable and defenseless of animals such needless and pointless suffering. Generally, we have absolutely no reverance for non-human life. It makes me RAGE

Yeah, that's ridiculous, sick that it's considered to be entertainment.

I now have a very hard time even feeding my cats. (I can't afford vegan cat food.)

My mum feeds her cat fish, and i had to feed it the other day, I felt really kind of sick and strange doing it. I hate it, and the thing is that people would say that I am the one who is strange for feeling that way. But it's mangled corpses in a bag, that makes me sick and angry, and I feel terrible holding it, and putting it in a bowl like food

I've never watched fear factor intentionally, but I've seen parts of it in commercials, and on other shows, and while cruising channels. They do much more ing things than that, like eating huge bugs (some kind of roach?) alive (no pre-blending even), and making shakes of all sorts of animal body parts (some eyeballs from some kind of animal, intestines from another, etc.).

I don't consider the show "FEAR" factor as much as "GROSS OUT" factor. Fear is some of their stunts (earlier in the show, I think) like bungie jumping, or jumping from the top of a moving semi onto the top of another semi (with safety harnasses, in case of a slip).

I was also rather upset with (who is that actress that used to be fat and was in "Hairspray," then got slim and got her own talk show for a while? Sounds like a boy's first name? Jerri? something? Note to self: pick up some ginko biloba ) who is an "animal rights" person (even got arrested in some protests) and had as a stunt on her show people "bobbing' for goldfish, grabbing them in their mouths from a tank, then spitting them out into a container. She kept telling them not to hurt the fish, to be careful not to drop them on the floor (which happened to some) because, you know, she really cares about animals, etc. Why in the frack even HAVE a stunt like that if you "care about animals"?

It's hard enough to get people to have empathy for a cow, pig or chicken. Insects are so much more alien than that so I suspect they don't even think of it as being cruel. I wonder if the network gets many complaint letters regarding this?

Cruelty as entertainment. Grrrr....

• 2 weeks later...