Would you date a hermaphrodite?

Richard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will eventually, it's inevitable

lol

I like that androgenous look though. Have you heard of Genesis P'Oriddge, Richard? Musician who had breast implants not because he wants to be a woman but because of some kind of strange idea he's got about pansexuality or something. I really like the short clip of his music here: http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html under trance/industrial. Didn't like the CD I got though.

*in hushed voice* Are you psychic?

It is estimated that one percent of the population is noticeably intersex. Which means if you dated enough people it could be inevitable, as Richard suggest.

However, everyone's body produces and blocks the same hormones. Feminization and masculinization takes place in both "sexes." "Hermaphrodite" is more of an 19th century term, because sex is not as binary as once believed.

I don't think it is at all uncommon for a person to have feminine body and facial features and male genitalia, or to have masculine features and female genitalia. These aren't even people who could be classified as intersex, since they have relatively distinct reproductive organs.

For reasons like these, I believe male/female and homosexual/heterosexual are regressive ways of thinking. I think the world is more androgynous than that.

*in hushed voice* Are you psychic?

It is estimated that one percent of the population is noticeably intersex. Which means if you dated enough people it could be inevitable, as Richard suggest.

However, everyone's body produces and blocks the same hormones. Feminization and masculinization takes place in both "sexes." "Hermaphrodite" is more of an 19th century term, because sex is not as binary as once believed.

I don't think it is at all uncommon for a person to have feminine body and facial features and male genitalia, or to have masculine features and female genitalia. These aren't even people who could be classified as intersex, since they have relatively distinct reproductive organs.

For reasons like these, I believe male/female and homosexual/heterosexual are regressive ways of thinking. I think the world is more androgynous than that.

I think that most people's genders are pretty easy to determine, with a tiny minority being the people I am talking about. I think you're right that some men are more feminine, and some women are more masculine, but they'd be described by me as being male or female in that instance. When it's not clear (from genitalia), then I'd call them a hermaphrodite. I might be wrong to use this terminology, but I don't know any other word for it. Either someone who, if you saw them in the street, looked like a man, but had female genitals, or looked like a woman but had male genitals, or someone who has a mixture of genitals, or just completely deformed genitals where you can't tell what's going on.

I generally go for very masculine type "A" men. Very goal oriented, strong, and forward. I'm not sure a hermaphrodite would ever fit this. It would be quite a surprise

First you say it's unlikely that you'll ever meet a hermaphrodite, now you're saying you know first hand what hermaphrodites are all like?

Ahrrr, I may have altered the 'facts' a little there. In my scenario, anybody you've met has the possibility of being a hermaphrodite, and unless you check the genitals of everyone you meet, you don't actually know if they're a hermaphrodite or not. Therefore, I don't think you can be surprised or unsurprised by a hermaphrodite's attributes such as strength, drive, forwardness etc given that you don't know if you've even met a hermaphrodite or not. You might have met someone you thought was a strong, goal orientated guy, but in fact he didn't have a penis. The lack of penis would be surprising, as that is uncommon, but your appraisal of hermaphrodites is limited I imagine, like mine is. I dunno what common character traits they have.

I never really thought about it. But the fact that there are hermaphrodites proves homophobes (whom say homosexuality is against nature) wrong. Also some churches say homosexuality is wrong, but if god made people with both an inner and an outer, it is also acceptable that god made some people by whom their sexual preference doesn't fit their gender.

I made the same topic on another forum I use, and got bombarded with people telling me I am a faggot. Ahrr. It's kind of like a jerry springer situation. Like, imagine you are friends with a girl / boy, and you've known them for ages, and eventually you feel like you're falling 'in love' or whatever, you want a relationship. So you say that you really like them and what not, and they say they like you too, but they say they think they should let you know that they have mixed genitals / different genitals. Does that really matter to you, given that you previously had such strong feelings, would it get in the way? (And by 'get in the way' I mean emotionally, I am not talking about things hanging in the way of other things)

I think this is the strangest thread ever started here, and that's saying a lot!

I haven't been here as long as many of you, but it's definitely the strangest thread I've seen here so far!

Kind of wonder what motivates someone to ask the question. Lots of time on one's hands? I've actually never thought about it myself, until this thread.

Richard brings up a few topics that will make you think about them for the first time

Luckily we have a General Discussion section and we get all kinds of funny/strange things here.

I don't think he has too much time on his hands, I know of a couple of projects he's working on.

-Rob

Hrmm, I hadn't seen that guy before. I have heard of similar things, that is out of the ordinary. I don't think I could date him.

I don't think I could even date a woman who had fake breasts.

Ever see The Crying Game? He got together with the transexual in the end didn't he? I thought that was the right thing to do.

Like, imagine you are friends with a girl / boy, and you've known them for ages, and eventually you feel like you're falling 'in love' or whatever, you want a relationship. So you say that you really like them and what not, and they say they like you too, but they say they think they should let you know that they have mixed genitals / different genitals. Does that really matter to you, given that you previously had such strong feelings, would it get in the way?

It could be an issue if one partner really wants to have children or needs specific stimulation to feel sexually satisfied. Otherwise, I'd say go for it. For me personally, I wouldn't rule out anyone based on their genitals.

I once had a friend who was a hemaphrodite, he identified as a man. He had a penis, but got his period every month. He had a tough time emotionally. He is older, probably in is 60's now, so grew up in the 50's when people didn't talk about things like that. He was from a mormon family too and they didn't talk about sex. He didn't know he was different until he hopped in the shower for the first time after gym class in high school. Pretty messed up situation. Last I heard though, he had met a nice bisexual woman who was quite pleased with all his parts.

I saw a fascinating program on the Discovery channel a few weeks ago, about some people who start out as twins (forget the specific term), but then the two eggs merge before they are very developed (any later, and they would end up as siamese twins).

Most of these people don't even know they have this condition, until something comes up, and they find that they have two different DNA strands in their body. So their blood, for example, could test as one set of DNA, and other fluids could look like DNA from a different person (even tissue samples from the same organ could have some from the first DNA strand, and some from the second). One woman found out when her blood tests seemed to show she could not possibly be the mother of two of the sons she had given birth to.

When this happens with different-gendered twins, the results can be a hermaphrodite. One case they presented was an African-American baby who was born with male genitalia and internal sexual organs on one side, and female genitalia and organs on the other, and he even had a line down the center of his lower abdomen, one side darker than the other. They decided to remove the internal female organs and make him a boy.