Hilarious flash animation

Daywalker

It's a great animation, i watched it twice.

http://www.think-baby-think.com/stereotyp/index.htm

For the not-German-speaking part of this board:

The title is "Thoughts of a vegan - stereotypes for the advanced, part 1"

The guy, Dirk, tells us of his life as a vegan. He confirms all the stereotypes in a sarcastic and exaggerated way. It's very clever and i think it could really get some people to think

I'll try and give you a translated summary of each page. It's not an accurate translation, for it's hard for me to copy the tone and the slang.

Disclaimer:

The following animation contains vague information. The animation can cause nausea, headache and acute diarrhea. Before viewing, a training camp in internet message boards of several months is required and has to be proven by a medical certificate to the federal bureau of causality. You have to be seven years or older to watch this.

Page 1

The title:

"Thoughts of a vegan - stereotypes for the advanced, part 1"

"Mett" is minced meat.

Page 2

Hi, my name is Dirk.

I'm a vegan.

Page 3

VEGAN? Yes, right, i only eat dried grass and dirt from a puddle. Sometimes, very very seldom, i cook myself a poky ol' root soup. Yeh, i know: roots have a right to live, too. But i say: NOT MY BAD!

Page 4

Basically we vegans are not better than anyone else. We simply want to feel better than the others, that's why we are vegan. The main thing is to be different! We put up with some hardship for that! It's not about ethics or the poor poor animals AT ALL. Honestly, we don't give a fuck about them.

Page 5

In my leisure time i like to knit hemp-pullovers - when the weather is bad. When the sun is shining, i try to discuss my scanty vegan life with people. My main argument is that it simply feels awesome to be a better man than others.

Page 6

Many shake their heads in disbelief and shrug. They say, someone who doesn't eat protein from dead animals gets weak and sick. Of course that's right. And because i mostly eat dried grass and puddle dirt, and very very seldom a poky ol' root soup, i have problems getting up in the morning. I almost lack the strength to raise my eyelids. NO JOKE!

Page 7

Of course, i have many vegan role models. The most famous vegans are:

(crazy compilation of "celebrities") and many many more.

Page 8

Vegetarians suck by the way. They wear leather shoes and eat cottage cheese with gelatine in it. They don't belong to us, so to say.

Page 9

When i fall into my bed in the evenings, completely exhausted from al the molesting in internet forum boards, i pray for a 1000-year-vegan-Reich. Religious dogmatism, ideology and misanthropy is a must for every (real, proud) vegan.

Page 10

I think humans suck big time - along with all the rest of the muderous gang. I would feed lions only with tofu and break their habit of eating antilopes in no time. With force, if necessary. After all, it's not possible that everyone does what he wants, is it?

Page 11

The good thing is: as a vegan, i have an answer to everything and everyone. There is never a doubt. Sometimes i'm scared that i'll be the only person going to the great Lord in heaven. That would be quite boring. But i'd quite deserve it, of course.

Page 12

Yeh, i know: i should care for the starving children in Africa first - not about some stinkin' pigs and stupid cows. AND i should solve the problems in this country first: murder, rape, and the soccer world championships 2006 ... THEN we could see what's next.

Page 13

But fortunately there is YOU. Surely you're toiling every day and night for a better world. You make it better for the poor kids in the Kongo and the old mother with lepra in Bangladesh. RESPECT! But unfortunately you're not vegan, you old *insert expletive*.

So: SHUT UP!

Page 14

Okay, i just wanted to say this.

Although you already knew all this.

You're not dumb after all.

With best regards,

yours, Dirk

Page 15

Link to soylent-network homepage.

Edited by Daywalker

i watched it one or two weeks ago and i think it's awesome! although some stupid people don't get the point and take it all seriously

That's true!

I posted the link in three other (all unvegan) boards, and in one of them they all said it was not funny, because it's true!!!

I couldn't convince them otherwise... sometimes idiocy like that makes me angry...

i watched it one or two weeks ago and i think it's awesome! although some stupid people don't get the point and take it all seriously

That's true!

I posted the link in three other (all unvegan) boards, and in one of them they all said it was not funny, because it's true!!!

I couldn't convince them otherwise... sometimes idiocy like that makes me angry...

*Gasp* It's not true???!!

That's true!

me too! sometimes i meet people telling me i'll die soon because i don't consume meat...

hehe my aunt told me my body will surely collapse after some days when she noticed that i started to live vegan... i didn't meet her since then but i think it would be quite interesting to hear what she has to say about my weight increase and about "not-being-ill-since-gone-vegan"

(the most funny thing about this is the fact that she weighs over 200 pounds )