I am learning!

robert

For the past 8 months this NEW forum has been around, I have been super scared to mess with anything in the Administration Panel. For at least 6 months I didn't do anything to it! I didn't even change my Avatar because I was afraid of screwing something up.

But guess what.......a few people from the forum have been teaching me and giving me more confidence! I know it's not hard stuff, but I am very careful, and when it comes to computers I learn slowly.

So....all on my own tonight, I started up some NEW sections.

One is for RELATIONSHIPS and another for PHOTOS!

Please use them! I think both are GREAT categories.

I will continue to explore my abilities to enhance for the forum and I'll try not to delete the whole thing!

We added over 600 more smilies recently and added a moderator and hopefully 2 more to come (compassionategirl and Richard) soon. I'm working on some "technical issues" getting them Mod status.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with myself since I am soooooo dumb when it comes to computers so I will pat myself on the back. It's a small step for most people but big for me because I am always so scared. I sweat more doing this stuff than I do in the gym!

Enjoy the NEW stuff I'll come up with as I get better with time!

Robert

Thanks for all the support. I really do struggle with computer work, so I will make mistakes and I will mess up and there will be things I don't understand. That is why I didn't mess with it for so long. But from help from Michelle, Attila, Richard, my website guy Khan, and others, I'm slowly learning and gaining confidence.

I haven't even hooked up a printer I've had in my room for 7 months because I'm intimidated and afraid I won't know how to do it. I just got a New printer too, but have yet to attempt to install it. But I plan on taking on that challenge soon.

Thanks Attila for the extra smilies, he is the one who helped me put those on and who has been really helpful with the forum set-up lately!

Again, I appreciate the support and your understanding as it takes me a while to get things done right. I enjoy the challenge, so look for cool new updates or lots of things accidentially deleted.

Rob

We added over 600 more smilies recently ....

I'm using one of the old smilies, which expresses my thought just fine! 600!! I'm skeered to even look! I spend enough time on the forums I visit already, I can just imagine wasting a half hour in search of the perfect smilie! --Or is the singular "smilley"?

Guess I'll take a look (gathers up courage against innundation of mass quantities of smilies)...I'm off!

What's up with this one: ?

And this one:

What's on this guy's chin? (maybe it's bigger once posted?)

Now, this one, I like:

I haven't even hooked up a printer I've had in my room for 7 months because I'm intimidated and afraid I won't know how to do it. I just got a New printer too, but have yet to attempt to install it. But I plan on taking on that challenge soon.

I could do that for ya if you'd like....or at least supervise. I promise, it'll take all of about 2.25 min and you'll be good to go.

Making mistakes drives me crazy! For some reason I really don't like to see "guest" on there, it lets me know I screwed up somewhere

So as far as I know, I have fixed the new sections so they require you to be logged in to post just the rest. I did this around 6AM this morning so I was short on time and missed a few things.

Anyway, I'm still learning and I'll have to live with the few "guest" posts throughout the site.

Oh well, anyway, I'm still figuring things out....and Megan, YES, that would be great if you can help me install my new printer. I've been waiting so long to use it! Then I won't have to sneak on the computers at work to try to print things out and make photo copies other places.

Thanks for your patience as I try to get things updated at my slow and mistake-driven pace.

-Rob

Thanks for understanding. I feel foolish at times and I'm not pleased with myself when I make silly mistakes. But it is new territory for me, and one of my goals is to learn much more about computers so things will be easier and more efficient.

Attila is the man. He hooked me up, and guided me step by step with how to set them up and taught me a lot about the forum.

Thanks again for the feedback, it really helps, and helps me relax and calm down a bit. As Topher and Megan know, I'm not the best with handling stress and I bring a lot of it on myself (hence my little amount of sleep each night...which I'm working on improving).

Thanks

Rob