What is answer to save horses from cruel slaughter?

violet13

We want horse slaughter banned permanently and we want to see horse slaughter as thing of past.

HSUS, Doris Day Animal Foundation, PETA, and many other animal rights/animal welfare organizations are asking us to put our effort to stop horse slaughter but what is going to happen to horses after horse slaughter is banned?

Horses need to put to sleep instead of turning to meat for Europeans who love to eat horse meat.

Do we have mandatory euthanasia law for horses after horse slaughter is banned?

Our dream is to send all horses who are no longer useful to sanctuary but can we afford it?

I don't know what is answer to save horses from cruel death because I don't see mandatory horse euthanasia law mentioning on animal rights/animal welfare organization's websites.

Am I missing something?

Protecting Horses from Slaughter: Last year, more than 90,000 American horses were either killed at one of three U.S. slaughterhouses for export or shipped to Canada or Mexico for slaughter. Congress approved an amendment to stop horse slaughter during 2006, but passage of the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act, S. 1915 and H.R. 503, is needed to permanently prohibit the transport, possession, purchase, or sale of horses to be slaughtered for human consumption. Two bills, S. 576 and H.R. 297, will reinstate protection from slaughter for wild horses which was stripped at the end of 2004.

HSUS