To sticky or not to sticky? That is the question.

robert

For some reason I never liked the sticky function. I'm not sure why but I intentionally decided not to use it. Maybe because I didn't want people to think certain posts were more important than others, or they just annoyed me or some other reason.

Anyway, our new man with the badge (Daywalker) suggested that we use them because we get a lot of the same questions asked over and over and a sticky topic would be easy to direct them to the answers. It makes sense to me.

So, do you think we should go ahead and add the sticky function?

Any feedback is appreciated. I'm still working on getting compassionategirl and Richard up as moderators but I am running into "errors" when I work with the Admin Panel

So stickys may be the next thing added as we continue to transform a bit.

-Rob

I think if you or mods decide what threads should be stickied, it will be okay. I agree that threads shouldn't be stickied just because they are a personal favourite, that is lame. Stickying should be for important notices, or for things which really do come up all the time and therefore have a million topics on the same subject. Not that I have seen many such topics in this forum so far.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking....not playing favorites for certain posts, but for the important stuff, and the answers to most frequently asked questions. So if we use them, it won't be very often....and you'll probably help decide that if I can ever get the Mod thing figured out!!!

You already know my opinion.

I think we should have the option, i don't mean to make every other thread sticky.

I thought things like "How do i build muscle mass? How do i cut down bodyfat? Can you suggest a routine for strength? What can i eat as a vegan? Where do i get protein from?" etc. are FAQs that could be answered in sticky topics.

Other threads could be stickies only for a while, as long as they are important, for example project-threads like the vegan vacation. Afterwards we can close, delete or just unfasten them again.

I think using stickies with discretion (like the "Vegan Vacation" update, which well deserves a sticky) is a good idea. I've seen forums where there are 5, 8, 10 , 12! threads stickied to the top of the page, and it's kind of a pain when they take up the whole computer screen (on my laptop) and I have to scroll down to see the first new thread.