Truly vile, hateful, spiteful

compassionategirl

I read about a website that is "adopt-a-vegetarian" meaning that omnis can pledge to eat twice as much meat to make up for the lack of demand for animal produce caused by a vegetarian they personally know or know of.

Truly vile, spiteful, hateful, and evil-spirited. When I see things like that I am simply left utterly speechless at the lengths people will go to to undermine compassionate efforts, as if compassion is the enemy among us to be ousted.

I couldnt find the actual webpage for this though and I really dont care to read such...I dont even know what the word is.

ha... I don't think anyone would go through with anything as ridiculous as that. Maybe they'd do it for a few days as a fad or fun thing to do, but it wouldn't last as there really is no reason to do it. It is sad that there's so much anger towards vegetarians / vegans :s

I as a vegan am offended by suicide not really for any particular reason, but since these people want to do things I dont like I want them to know I dont like suicide. So if they could perform suicide, and possibly twice if they dont succeed the first time, then I'd be really mad

Yeah, that sort of thing pisses me off. They usually think it's pretty funny. I'd like to laugh while I do some funny things in return.

Partially related, my one brother in law, who's a mostly pretty good guy, not a koolaid drinker (Bushie) or anything, is on the Atkins diet to lose weight. When he eats carbs, he really does blow up; like to 300 pounds; very slow metabolism. He's seen me eat just ridiculous amounts of food my whole life so my veganism doesn't really mean much to him as far as losing weight goes. For his health he is extremely concerned about losing weight and so he's just not receptive to the ethical arguments right now. So when I'm around him I have to watch him pretty much eat enough meat to make up for probably 3 vegan/vegetarians and it's kind of annoying.

Some people think vegetarians are humane people but I disagree.

Consuming dairy products and eggs contribute most horrible farm animal cruelty because chilling brutalities in these industries.

Vegetarian Times sent me magazine but when I see recipes using dairy products and eggs, I get very irritated.

Eating dairy products and eggs promote meat industry indirectly because as soon as cows stop producing milk, they are end up in slaughterhouses.

Egg raying hens have same fate as cows.

When I pointed out this fact to vegetarians, somebody sent me very hateful message and told me that not eating meat saves animals!

Some people have very convenient way of thinking to defend their life style to contribute in most horrible farm animal torture and cruel death.

This is one of my reason to dislike selfish dishonest people who deny animal suffering to satisfy their taste buds.

What is answer to reach these people?

I agree very much with you Violet.

No-one thinks vegetarians are humane any more than vegetarians themselves do.

I only wish more of them were aware that their lifestyle choice still causes immense suffering to animals, as most veggies are blinkered in believing that they show kindness and compassion to animals......

To an extent, I admire their intent in giving up the consumption of rotting flesh, but I wish more vegetarians would educate themselves and be more open on the truth about eggs and diary.

Consuming dairy products and eggs contribute most horrible farm animal cruelty because chilling brutalities in these industries.

Vegetarian Times sent me magazine but when I see recipes using dairy products and eggs, I get very irritated.

Eating dairy products and eggs promote meat industry indirectly because as soon as cows stop producing milk, they are end up in slaughterhouses.

When I pointed out this fact to vegetarians, somebody sent me very hateful message and told me that not eating meat saves animals!

Some people have very convenient way of thinking to defend their life style to contribute in most horrible farm animal torture and cruel death.

This is one of my reason to dislike selfish dishonest people who deny animal suffering to satisfy their taste buds.

I think you have to be very nonconfrontational with them. First compliment them on being vegetarian. Then tell how easy it is to be vegan followed by explaining that vegetarianism still is tied into animal cruelty plus going all the way to vegan gets rid of the mindset of using animals as food.

I think you have to be very nonconfrontational with them. First compliment them on being vegetarian. Then tell how easy it is to be vegan followed by explaining that vegetarianism still is tied into animal cruelty plus going all the way to vegan gets rid of the mindset of using animals as food.

That's what I'm saying. At least they're making some effort.

Violet, I think if you approach these people calling them "selfish," "dishonest" and whatnot, you will do far more harm for the cause than good. I think most vegans (myself included) started out as vegetarians. It's not often that one goes vegan overnight. And learning the truth about the egg and dairy industry may take time.

Just mention to them (no name calling!) that in every glass of milk, there is a veal calf. And explain the connection.

If someone is a vegetarian for ethical reasons (many do it for health, and some aren't even vegetarians because they eat chicken and fish!), they are possibly on the path to veganism. It is the most logical course of action for them.

But some people, if you attack them and say they aren't doing good enough, will say "what the f@#(#$@, why do I even bother! " and will turn even from vegetarianism.

You could also phrase it by telling them how YOU discovered how much suferring was tied to milk and egg production. Were you ever, at any time, a vegetarian before going vegan? Start from there.

Violet hasn't said that she calls vegetarians names or anything in real life, just that she dislikes the fact that they support the dairy and egg industry, and that by doing so vegetarians are showing a lack of compassion to animals. I agree there's no need to abuse vegetarians or call them names or get angry with them to their face. But I think it's okay and understandable to be internally angry or frustrated by the general vegetarian policy which is that so long as you only torture animals, and don't kill them, then it's okay :s which I also find rather sad

It's probably easier to "bring" a vegetarian to our side. One of my colleague is vegetarian and has been one for 13 years and she buys everything organic. I think that the organic food industry "tricks" people into believing that animals in such farms suffer less but we all know what the final result is. We had a long chat about the dairy and egg industries and hopefully she'll consider veganism.

I read about a website that is "adopt-a-vegetarian" meaning that omnis can pledge to eat twice as much meat to make up for the lack of demand for animal produce caused by a vegetarian they personally know or know of.

Truly vile, spiteful, hateful, and evil-spirited. When I see things like that I am simply left utterly speechless at the lengths people will go to to undermine compassionate efforts, as if compassion is the enemy among us to be ousted.

I couldnt find the actual webpage for this though and I really dont care to read such...I dont even know what the word is.

Very sad, indeed! So sad how common it is today for people to feel personally diminished by the positive actions of others. ???

I believe the word you are looking for is shit.

Violet, I think if you approach these people calling them "selfish," "dishonest" and whatnot, you will do far more harm for the cause than good. I think most vegans (myself included) started out as vegetarians. It's not often that one goes vegan overnight. And learning the truth about the egg and dairy industry may take time.

Just mention to them (no name calling!) that in every glass of milk, there is a veal calf. And explain the connection.

If someone is a vegetarian for ethical reasons (many do it for health, and some aren't even vegetarians because they eat chicken and fish!), they are possibly on the path to veganism. It is the most logical course of action for them.

But some people, if you attack them and say they aren't doing good enough, will say "what the f@#(#$@, why do I even bother! " and will turn even from vegetarianism.

100% totally, utterly, absolutely agree.

It's probably easier to "bring" a vegetarian to our side. One of my colleague is vegetarian and has been one for 13 years and she buys everything organic. I think that the organic food industry "tricks" people into believing that animals in such farms suffer less but we all know what the final result is. We had a long chat about the dairy and egg industries and hopefully she'll consider veganism.

Now that is what I call effective activism. Cristian, darlin', this ones for you:

So sad how common it is today for people to feel personally diminished by the positive actions of others. ???

yes, that is exactly what it is. I remember I read an article by a leader in the feminist movement (oh the irony) that was a scathing attack on veg*ns. She said in the article that she hated vegans because their lifestyle made her feel guilty and because they had so much will power because "meat tastes so good."

Again, this coming from an educated women that has founded battered women shelters in Britain. How truly sad.

Yeah, that sort of thing pisses me off. They usually think it's pretty funny. I'd like to laugh while I do some funny things in return.

Partially related, my one brother in law, who's a mostly pretty good guy, not a koolaid drinker (Bushie) or anything, is on the Atkins diet to lose weight. When he eats carbs, he really does blow up; like to 300 pounds; very slow metabolism. He's seen me eat just ridiculous amounts of food my whole life so my veganism doesn't really mean much to him as far as losing weight goes. For his health he is extremely concerned about losing weight and so he's just not receptive to the ethical arguments right now. So when I'm around him I have to watch him pretty much eat enough meat to make up for probably 3 vegan/vegetarians and it's kind of annoying.

jay that sounds like a recipe for a coronary heart disease. I am sad for your brother in law. I wishe he would take a healthier approach to weight loss. Maybe you should show him pics of some of the leaner, really cut vegans here? Dunno.

I never thought about putting it that way before, its brilliant!!!

Especially because it STILL applies to "organic" dairy. There is still a veal calf in every glass of organic milk. Maybe Cristian you can put it that way to your veggie friend if it ever comes up again.

I remember I read an article by a leader in the feminist movement (oh the irony) that was a scathing attack on veg*ns. She said in the article that she hated vegans because their lifestyle made her feel guilty and because they had so much will power because "meat tastes so good."

Again, this coming from an educated women that has founded battered women shelters in Britain. How truly sad.

Ah, the irony indeed!

Kathryn wrote:

I've actually said that today when I went to the supermarket to buy soy milk. I usually buy a big box which contains 12 cartons. A couple was also buying one carton when they saw me picking up the box and they said: "You don't like milk, don't you?"

To which I replied with your quote....they looked at me in shock! It was funny because they didn't have a clue about what I meant. I explained that I'm a vegan and one of the reason why I'm not a vegetarian is the milk and veal industry. Not sure they cared but it was funny to see their reaction.