Fitness magazines. Save your money.

Gorilla

There are a lot of health and fitness magazines out there. When I started training I bought a lot of them. Then I started just reading them in the shop without buying them . Now I just read this regular column in T-Nation:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=585917EAD83D0D7C99AE39A23ECC8315.hydra?id=900705

This gives you a concise round up of the main bodybuilding and fitness magazines.

It shows how they all contradict each other and how it's really a waste of money to buy them because it's mostly adverts trying to get you to waste more money on supplements. There might be like 2 paragraphs in the whole magazine that are actually useful!

Don't thank me. Well you can if you want : )

Amen to what you said Gorilla.

I dont know why but your post reminded me of people buying for example "Addidas" or "Club Monaco" or "Roots" or whatever T-shirts and walking around essentially advertising for these companies. Hmmm.... you are paying Roots to in turn advertise for it by wearing a t-shirt with Roots logo on it?

Ridiculous. People can be so stupid. Roots not only gets free advertising from roots t-shirt wearers, but also CHARGES people to do its advertising. That whole concept is ridiculous, especially in view of the unethicalness of these companies. The only things I try to "advertise" anymore with my casual clothing is animal rights.

There are a lot of health and fitness magazines out there. When I started training I bought a lot of them. Then I started just reading them in the shop without buying them . Now I just read this regular column in T-Nation:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=585917EAD83D0D7C99AE39A23ECC8315.hydra?id=900705

This gives you a concise round up of the main bodybuilding and fitness magazines.

It shows how they all contradict each other and how it's really a waste of money to buy them because it's mostly adverts trying to get you to waste more money on supplements. There might be like 2 paragraphs in the whole magazine that are actually useful!

Don't thank me. Well you can if you want : )

They are tend to repeat themselves after a while anyhow. Once you've read a few, generally you've read it all.

Thank you anyhow Gorilla for thinking of us all.

Do you get told off in the shop? I used to be really bad for doing that, like reading a mag off the shelf for 60-90 mins. A member of staff would come up to me and say I've gotta buy it or leave.......

Amen to what you said Gorilla.

I dont know why but your post reminded me of people buying for example "Addidas" or "Club Monaco" or "Roots" or whatever T-shirts and walking around essentially advertising for these companies. Hmmm.... you are paying Roots to in turn advertise for it by wearing a t-shirt with Roots logo on it?

Ridiculous. People can be so stupid. Roots not only gets free advertising from roots t-shirt wearers, but also CHARGES people to do its advertising. That whole concept is ridiculous, especially in view of the unethicalness of these companies. The only things I try to "advertise" anymore with my casual clothing is animal rights.

Compassionategirl - I thought you were more savvy than that. People want to be seen to be wearing Adidas ( never heard of Club Monaco or Roots but I guess they are meant to be 'trendy' ) or whoever. They are making a fashion statement. It's ridiculous that you just don't get that......

Anyhow, totally fail to see the link between paying for magazines/reading them free in a shop/off the internet and people walking around in logo/slogan clothing.....