Bear Grylls ... I like the show until he started killing

RAINRA

I thought it was great ... talking how to show how to survive. Discovery ... has Bear kill things for entertainment value. Which many things are not even factually safe. Why this show has ended up not being something I could respect anymore.

Supposedly the dude's actually vegan when he's not doing the show. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article267169.ece

WTF.I guess it almost makes some sense.The article tells it like it a bad thing though.

All this phony talk is ridiculous.It's a t.v show.Just so happens that it's such a good show that people become obsessed and start picking at every little thing about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I find Ray Mears to be very informative. He often shows how to find plant foods and how to use plants to make ropes and shelters. And canoes. And snowshoes. I remember him once making some animal trap but then saying that he wouldn't show how it worked because he didn't need any food and he didn't believe in killing just to show how something works. Rather different to some of his kind and to some television cooks who seem to kill so they can entertain their viewers or court controversy.

I find Ray Mears to be very informative. He often shows how to find plant foods and how to use plants to make ropes and shelters. And canoes. And snowshoes. I remember him once making some animal trap but then saying that he wouldn't show how it worked because he didn't need any food and he didn't believe in killing just to show how something works. Rather different to some of his kind and to some television cooks who seem to kill so they can entertain their viewers or court controversy.

Sounds cool.I like when they show what plants you can eat and use to make things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...