Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Am I disgusting?
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:27 pm 
Gorilla

My problem is that I have a ches deformation, and I don't have any self-confidence. I'm really shy because of it, and my biggest fear is I think girls going think it's disgusting. I had girlfriends before but I still have this fear :(
Here are some pics:
This was taken today:
http://i39.tinypic.com/314qipc.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=63uexs&s=5

This was about 2 years ago when I worked out a bit:
http://i41.tinypic.com/1zr2a6d.jpg

Please don't say anything nice to make me feel better, I want to hear the truth.

Post subject: Re: Am I disgusting?
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:54 pm 
Elephant

Honestly? It's hardly noticeable. Some men have the opposite problem (gyno) and that is much more of a hassle, believe me.

Everyone hates a part of their bodies, just try to keep in mind that there really isn't anything wrong with you. Everyone is different for a reason. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:23 pm 
Elephant

you have the same chest that Triple H from prowrestling has. He just worked out way more then you. There is nothing wrong with chest . Just fill it fill it in. It is going to look great when you are done.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:33 pm 
Gorilla

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5397/mellkas.png
I think it looks really bad here
Do you think if I had more m,uscle on it would look a lot better?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:55 pm 
Stegosaurus

You said not to be nice, that you wanted completely honest opinions.

Here it comes.

You don't have a deformed chest, you are just skinny.

If you want to get unskinny drop the raw food diet, if you are still into it. Then learn how to lift weights with good technique. Then get in the habit of working out hard, getting plenty of calories from good food, plenty of protein and plenty of sleep. Take measurements before you start this regime, then once every 6 months. You will see improvement. Give it at least 1 - 2 years.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:16 pm 
Gorilla

This is not just being skinny, you can see that the right side of my chest is a lot more upper than the left, and he left is flatter than it should be

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:45 pm 
Elephant

Honestly I had a bit of trouble seeing exactly what you're talking about, but after looking at pictures of people with more extreme versions of this, I do see it... it's really not that noticeable, at least in the pictures.

I have to echo what some others have said, you mostly just look scrawny as hell. Work on bulking that up, man. Worry about what you have control over.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:46 pm 
Gorilla

ChaserHUN wrote:
This is not just being skinny, you can see that the right side of my chest is a lot more upper than the left, and he left is flatter than it should be

I've seen far more dramatic imabalances from people working out one side harder than the other. If you worked out your chest hard, you'd probably be very pleased with the balance you'd get.

Any deformity you make a big deal about in your head isn't noticeable to us sitting here, believe me. Guess what? The bones of my left wrist are 10-20% skinnier than the ones on my right, my left foot is half a size larger than the right one, my nasal septum is deviated blocking 95% of my right nostril and 50% of my left, etc etc. Nobody is perfectly symmetrical. Don't freak out about it.

And you want to talk about asymmetrical chests? I dated a girl with one B cup and one C cup. And I really didn't care...at all. So I can guarantee you there won't be any girls thinking "Hmm, I'd really rather date a guy with more symmetrical pectoral muscles..."

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

I see no problems dude. I think this will cause you no problems at all with girls. Hopefully over time you'll feel more confident about it. Anybody who has anything negative to a person just because of their body is a dickhead anyway

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:14 pm 
Gorilla

Thanks all

I did a researh, what I have is called Harrensteins chest deformation
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrenstei ... mit%C3%A4t
This is in german so I don't understand a thing,but oyu can see on the picture that the ribs are twisted

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:48 pm 
Manatee

from a womans point of view:

I wouldn't have even NOTICED it, if you hadn't mentioned that's why I should be looking for, and It took me two or three pictures in to even see what the heck you were talking about. Real women won't care. The kind of woman you want, won't care. Honestly, they won't even noticed. Who wants someone that won't be in love with your body, no matter the shape or size? A little deffinition may help, sure, but another think you need to think about, and know, is that's your body. it's the only one you get, and it's beautiful. What's going to hurt your odds of getting a woman is lack of confidence. I find confident, nearly cocky men, very sexy. A man that thinks he's awesome, and has a great attitude, wins. You have a great body for a starting point, forget about girls, forget about women, and go for what YOU want. Then a girl with come along that likes what you've got.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 am 
Mastodon

beforewisdom wrote:
You said not to be nice, that you wanted completely honest opinions.

Here it comes.

You don't have a deformed chest, you are just skinny.

If you want to get unskinny drop the raw food diet, if you are still into it. Then learn how to lift weights with good technique. Then get in the habit of working out hard, getting plenty of calories from good food, plenty of protein and plenty of sleep. Take measurements before you start this regime, then once every 6 months. You will see improvement. Give it at least 1 - 2 years.

THIS.

Also, remember..if you're uncomfortable, she'll be uncomfortable. Don't sweat it and nobody else will. Gain some mass and control what you can. :)

335 Squat

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:13 pm 
Rabbit

you can't even tell. let me tell you as a mommy who breast fed(sorry guys) for a year(teething and all) my chest is super uneven now. My left side sits up higher that the right. At first I was really embarassed, but what can you do? No one is perfectly symmetrical ! I honestly can't even tell from you picture. My biggest body flaw I have is on my face, I have 3 moles/freckles/bumps on my forehead and i have to wear my bangs down to hide them, when i have my bangs pinned back i can't even look people in their eyes b/c i feel like they are staring at them lol. I seriously wouldn't worry about it. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:13 am 
Gorilla

Thanks for the positive words. It's a hard thing to put this together in my mind.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7016/p6200099.jpg
Here is another picutre, I think you can cleraly see what I was talking about

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 am 
Elephant

Looking through this thread it becomes apparent that you aren't really listening to us. I understand you are concerned about looking 'odd' or being 'weird' but you definitely have an exaggerated viewpoint on the issue, and I don't think we are going to convince you otherwise. If you are really concerned, bulk up a bit and see what you think then. If you are still self-conscious after that, then maybe look into some counseling? It sounds extreme, but there is no reason to go through life hating your body when you really shouldn't be...