Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Am I disgusting?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:35 am 
Rabbit

Ummm.. I have been looking at your pictures.. What is the problem? Your chest is skinny? I don't see anything wrong with you. If i saw you on the beach I wouldn't say Whoa what a skinny chest.. You can see my gross pic.. LOL! we all have things that bother us no matter what anyone says. But you should really listen to us. We ARE giving our honest opinion. Look at my picture!!! I know im not in the best shape but we have to be realistic and not exaggerate what we feel are our shortcomings..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:43 am 
Gorilla

No not skinny, thats not my problem. My left chest is much flatter the the right.
But thanks for the positive posts :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 am 
Elephant

I would not have noticed anything unless without you telling about the size differences.

Just get to work, pump those muscles and eat lots of protein and the size difference will be gone. And if it's not, at least you'll be strong enough so that you can kick people's asses if they mock you about it.

But seriously, it is very rare to be 100 % symmetrical and you really should not worry about such things. I'd worry a lot more about your calorie intake than asymmetrical pecs. ;)

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 am 
Gorilla

Well I was on the 811 diet for mor than a year, but now I don't have enough money for it so I have to eat cheaper things. Maybe I can bulk up now a bit. I was eating usually 2500-3000 kcals a day. What do you suggest to eat? I like grains, like brown rice, quinoa, I love spelt I like potatoes too(I know it's not a grain), but I'm not really a big fan of beans and legumes. I don't like to eat too much of those.
And I'm not into bodybuilding too much, I have some back problems so I have to be careful, I like more bodyweight excercises. I really like swimming.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 am 
Stegosaurus

ChaserHUN wrote:
Well I was on the 811 diet for mor than a year, but now I don't have enough money for it so I have to eat cheaper things.

I've been wondering about that. I saw a youtube video by a woman who eats 50 bananas a day. She replied to other comments, but not the one where I asked the question what her food budget was like.

Quote:
but I'm not really a big fan of beans and legumes.

Learn to like them.

That is where the concentrated sources of vegan protein are.......and many other things are. Go to the library and check out books on bean recipes. Find 3 - 5 that you like and can veganize.

Lentils, split peas, mung beans and black eyed peas are among the easiest to digest, fastest to cook, least gassy and have thousands of years of recipes from many ethnic cuisines.

Then there are organic soy beans, tofu, tempeh and the modern processed soy foods.

Quote:
And I'm not into bodybuilding too much, I have some back problems so I have to be careful, I like more bodyweight excercises. I really like swimming.

Lifting weights can help you lose a bad back if you get a good trainer. It is also the most direct exercise for getting larger, which is what your goal is.

Good Luck.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 am 
Gorilla

Well I spent about 6-10 dollars a day on food. But food is very expensive in hungary now :( Not only fruits, everything.

I ate yesterday some split yellow peas. Still not my fav. I don't really wan to eat soy, I had lot of mucus when I was eating soy.

http://netbio.hu/spl/555941,2/Huvelyesek
Heres what I can get in the categorie of legumes, beans etc. Most of them are here is organic, there are non organic versions in the supermarket wich are half the price. 1 dollat is about 228Ft. Hugarian money is Forint.

How much salt do you guys use? I don't really like too salty foods. but whitout salt most of them taste a bit weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:11 am 
Stegosaurus

Many of my meals are based around 1 cup of cooked legumes and 1 cup of cooked whole grains, before I add other things.

You don't need to add salt for flavor.

There are many, many vegan recipe sites.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:33 am 
Gorilla

If I eat it with a lot of greens it's not that bad. I love green leafs. I have lots of spinach and lettuces in the garden.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:25 pm 
Rabbit

hahaha nah not disgtusting bro!!c'mon...good base to start with!

But hit that iron hard and eat tons.Gotta bulk up a lil mass.Think STRENTH and power!!

Good luck!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 pm 
Rabbit

I've lived my entire life with a chest deformity, mine is called 'pigeon breast.' I can tell you this from my experience, a woman who is disgusted because your chest is different, isn't the kind of woman you want to be around anyway. I've never had anyone comment negatively that I was seeing seriously. You are definitely not disgusting, and as the others above mentioned.. if you hadn't said anything.. I would never have seen any deformity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 am 
Gorilla

Thanks for all the positive comments. Everybody has something on his body I think wich he/she wants to see different, but it's no big deal to others.
I'm eating cooked food too for a week now and I gained two kg. Now I'm 183cm tall an 62kg. I want to get to 70 for the end of the summer, or at least to 66.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:47 pm 
Finch

I just noticed your post and want you to know that I have a severely deformed chest. My left side ribs stick out and my right side sinks way in. It started when I was about 12 years old. Apparently, I've always had it but, showed more when I started developing. I went to many, many, many doctors and found that the only thing that helped was doing pull ups, push ups (various types...military, close hand, wide hand, etc...), also did dips, and barbell chest press. I would lift as heavy as I could and would work that area 4-5 times a week. I have definitely noticed that the concave area has filled in quite a bit. It use to start from under my armpit to the center of my chest. Now I only have an indent measuring about three inches from the center of my chest. It's hardly noticable to anyone although, I notice (just because I know it's there). I barely notice yours, if at all...although I'm sure you feel it's totally disgusting (I've been there myself). You can stick to a raw food diet but, you may not be eating enough for sure. Operative word...EAT!! I would recommend you eat fruit before you work out...I've had GREAT success in building muscle this way...from what I understand, it fuels the glycogen in the muscle. I would also recommend that you incorporate a post workout shake filled with whole food minerals and vitamins. I personally like the Alive shakes. I use frozen berries, hemp milk with 2 scoops of the Alive in a blender. No ice needed. My final recommendation would be to incorporate coconut oil if you haven't already. The medium chain fats help regulate hormones. I'm guessing your target calorie intake should at least be 2,000 calories. I hope this has helped you a little!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:25 am 
Gorilla

ChaserHUN wrote:
Well I spent about 6-10 dollars a day on food. But food is very expensive in hungary now :( Not only fruits, everything.

I ate yesterday some split yellow peas. Still not my fav. I don't really wan to eat soy, I had lot of mucus when I was eating soy.

http://netbio.hu/spl/555941,2/Huvelyesek
Heres what I can get in the categorie of legumes, beans etc. Most of them are here is organic, there are non organic versions in the supermarket wich are half the price. 1 dollat is about 228Ft. Hugarian money is Forint.

How much salt do you guys use? I don't really like too salty foods. but whitout salt most of them taste a bit weird.

Hi there! :D
I think 6-10 $ is a good budget, if you know how to use it. Yes, everything is expensive, but you can menage it. Actually, I know many people here where I live (in Serbia) who order organic food from Hungary, because it's cheaper. So, there's always a worse case then yours :)
Look for some bargains. Not everything has to be organic. I eat organic grains and legumes (70 percent of my diet), but I by my veggies and fruit on normal market, can't afford (and find any, sometimes) organic. 811 diet is OK, but for us economically hit people from Middle Europe it is unsustainable. You need to eat more beans and protein grains (quinoa, amaranth) if you want some muscles (and of course, you need to exercise). If your stomach cant stand the beans, eat chickpeas and brown or green lentils, I find them much easier to digest.
All best!

PS: you can really change your looks with proper nutrition and exercises. My family always told me I am not a "sport person", but I discovered it is not true! Unfortunately, when I was already 30 and more years old. If you have back problems, that is no excuse not to do bodybuilding. Do hatha yoga for couple of months (but with teacher!) and then start with the gym. Yoga helped me a lot with back pains and prepared me good for the bodybuilding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:29 am 
Manatee

I really couldn't see anything, except for the last pic. I do notice what you are referring to now, but I wouldn't call that an excessive deformation at all. Many folks have to live with severe deformities, and as Fallen_Horse mentioned, everyone dislikes a certain part of their body.

Maybe don't dwell on it and think about it as much...being self conscious of it will make it seem worse, at least in your mind...

My best friend in high school had heart surgery when he was a young boy, and he has a huge ragged scar on his back, from the bottom of his neck and extends down around his left shoulder/lat area.

He is married to a very lovely lady today...I would say she looks past that exterior to the person inside...

Personally, I feel that a couple/few years of good, hard lifting with good nutrition would fill out the muscles to a point that it may not be noticeable at all. After all, you are fairly skinny! Your ribs & collarbone are pretty visible, you need some meat on them bones, lol!

There, I answered you honestly. :)

I have made it a habit to get back into the mindset that every workout is war. All-out, 100% do-it-or-die-trying war. If you want to get bigger and/or stronger, lifting won't be fun most days.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 pm 
Gorilla

I'm not eating a raw food diet right now. I still eat big amount of raw foods because theres a lot in the garden in the summer.
I wnet to some yoga teachers, but it was mostly for girls, it was not the type of yoga I was looking for. I got a lot of rodney yee dvd's I like them really much. Also I watched a bunch of opther videos how to do the poses right, and red a lot of books. I'm doing yoga and I'm love in it. I'm not a big fan of weight lifting, especially heavy weights. I more like bodyweight excercises. http://jessdee.files.wordpress.com/2009 ... nten-1.jpg I would more like to look like him than a big bodybuilder. No offense, I just don't want to be so huge.