Hardcore Talk

Jason X

with inspiration from Ted Trendy, this thread is now here.

Talk about your favorite hardcore bands, learn about new hardcore bands, and reminisce about the "good ole days".

Best show(s) ever. The 2 times I saw the Gorilla Biscuits reuinion tour (philly and minneapolis). Also, one time in milwaukee something got fucked up at a legion hall show and 3 bands had to share a set. Shared instruments, 2 or 3 songs each, just blasted them out. Embrace Today was one of them, I think Ignite the Will was another. one of the most unexpectedly intense set I've ever witnessed.

Super psyched for Bane next month.

I go back and forth between youth crew hardcore (round one and round two) and freakin' hardline. (bollocks to homophobia, though! I very much appreciate the unapologetically vegan and edge stuff. just being honest).

I'm off for a week or so, but keep this thread going and we can talk more hardcore!

Hardcore! still lives!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First hardcore album:8th grade. earth crisis. Breed the killers. (Ha!) (coincidentally, the essay on behind the cd tray to this cd is what got the seeds of vegetarianism in my head - keep in mind I lived in a town of 2500 people in NW wisconsin - tried it for a week, but it didn't stick until 3 years later though...)

First 'real' hc show (not a local basement show): sick of it all and the unseen.

and CF, that's great get amped music.

listen to much bay area vegan straightedge hardcore ted? ha! You forgot Tears of Gaia and This time tomorrow (although I think this band was from well up the coast)!!

Who's got the positive hardcore youth crew anthem tip for me? You know, new wave (champion, with honor, righteous jams, etc), second wave (10 yard fight and floorpunch) and first wave (GB, YOT, BOLD) etc.

I need more of that!

Ted, you get into early 90's vegan edge stuff? raid, chokehold, abnegation, birthright, etc?

listen to much bay area vegan straightedge hardcore ted? ha! You forgot Tears of Gaia and This time tomorrow (although I think this band was from well up the coast)!!

Who's got the positive hardcore youth crew anthem tip for me? You know, new wave (champion, with honor, righteous jams, etc), second wave (10 yard fight and floorpunch) and first wave (GB, YOT, BOLD) etc.

I need more of that!

Ted, you get into early 90's vegan edge stuff? raid, chokehold, abnegation, birthright, etc?

champion and righteous jams are tite, love 10 yard fight and floorpunch, i'm going to listen to 10 yard fight now, havent in forever. the ohnly band i dont knwo much of is abnegation....i'm going to have to look and see if i have it in my music, i have around 400 gigs of mp3's and still collect 7's....have and duplicate vinyl you'd be interested in trading? i have a small list...nothing worth a lot, but i run a label/ distro so i have lots of doubles.

The Banner, Ringworm, Cold World, Outbreak. I gravitate toward chaotic bands with moving parts or the really creepy hardcore bands.

One of my favorite shows was probably Internal Affairs' last show. No Turning back and Trash Talk played surprise sets and when Terror took the stage that night it was mind blowing how high kids climbed on top of each other. I'll be going to see bane in a few days also, I am mostly stoked for Alpha & Omega's and Trapped Under Ice's set. I won't be moshing because I'm getting tattooed that day.

I want to start a queer-core band and write with themes of smashing homophobia.

The Banner, Ringworm, Cold World, Outbreak. I gravitate toward chaotic bands with moving parts or the really creepy hardcore bands.

ringworm and outbreak are gooooood.

queer-core ala limpwrist?

ringworm and outbreak are gooooood.

queer-core ala limpwrist?

Limp Wrist is the band that has had me wanting to get some gay boys together and play hardcore.