Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:22 pm 
Elephant

After this incident it was making me think about it as well. Time for yellow pages I guess.

Post subject: the fox in the road
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:00 pm 
Elephant

Lelle I think you did the best thing you could have done. Hell by the time you found the clinic the fox would have been dead. And if half of it's body was flattened then thats half of the organs in it. Yeah not it's heart but probably half of it's lungs and intestines and whatever that it needs to survive. I bet you helped it out more so than just letting it wait for another person to run it over. This is a mercy killing in my book.

Finding clinic numbers is good too. I think there is a 24 hr clinic here, I have no idea where though, I should find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:47 pm 
Stegosaurus

The situation is certainly a difficult one as evidenced by the differing reactions to Lelle's well-intentioned actions.

If running over an animal was a sure and quick kill, then I would have no hesitation. MY hesitation stems from the fact that this is not the case (ex. the fox had to be run over a total of three times before it finally died. Imagine the increased pain and suffering between these runs? :cry: :cry: :cry: ). The situation just sucks no all around.

I really do wish though that we could all own a gun for a mercy killing when needed.

College B, by the way yes definitely we all should have a 24 hour place info in our wallets (just in case - it certainly cannot hurt :D ), but also, maybe you can also keep a rescue kit somewhere in your car if you do not already have one and if you have a car? :D

Peace. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:08 am 
Rabbit

Are foxes protected or pests over there???? Are they an introduced animal or native??? Just wondered if you know what they do to native animals?? Have you even seen them suck the guts out of a living animal, and leave it writhing in pain, or bitten a piece off its face and left it to die???? They have just about (them and rabbits) wiped out quite a bit of native wild life over here, and you should see what they do to a baby joey......I for one couldn't stand to see an animal suffer, and I wouldn't have the guts to run over it with my car, or any other method come to think of it. It would have taken a lot of guts to do that....I can't shoot a gun to save myself, nor do I carry a knife, and forget phones out here, not even a mobile...only a cb. A vet wouldn't take a fox in over here as they are considered a MAJOR pest......the neighbours would have your guts for garters, and I think the EPA, or whatever would come and have some serious words as well......