Tattoos Thread

Saulo

show yours, share stories, advertise your shops.

getting my first tattoo tomorrow from a guy named George at 7th Son in San Francisco. Stoked to get a sleeve started but not stoked that I have some fresh scars that are gonna be dodged. Question, has anyone been tattooed after having a scar? how old was it?

Yay! Congrats on your first tattoo! I have 4 myself, been itching for a fifth one for a couple of years, I just always seem to have something else to spend my money on. Sigh. I'd like something incorporating veganism into my next one I think.

Are you getting a half sleeve or a full sleeve? What sort of design?

Sorry, can't help you with the scar issue.

I've got loads. Two sleeves, a full front piece and a scratcher doodle on my leg. All tattoos are custom made, no off the wall bs.

My tattoos are based on places I've been, my childhood/experiences in life and my rad as fuck dad and grandad Stylewise they're all traditional old school tattoos, and the reason for this is that all the men on my fathers side have all been sailors/whalers, and as a child I was always fascinated by all the cool tattoos and stories my dad and grandad had.

Don't worry too much about the scar. I have a fairly big scar on my forarm from getting stabbed back in the days, but it got covered quite good.

places I've been tattoos:

The sailors grave tattooed by Judd and Marija

Conspiracy Inc tattooed by Allan

Some dudes basement

thank you vegimator. It is my first tattoo and I am very stoked on it. I got it done at 7th Son Tattoo in San Fran. I'm changing the game of tattoos by starting out with a half sleeve. There are 2 sessions left, they include more details on the deity's sleeves and sash plus shading, I can hardly wait. I'll be suited up and sleeved like Ted by the end of this decade.

All my "tats" are scars, which I highly value. Each one of them healed so miraculously that you have to know where to look to even see them but I survived a branch directly into my right eye, a dog bite to my entire face, flesh-eating coral through my right knee, a slice from metal edging right down to the subcutaneous tissue on my right thigh, and an inexplicable scar on my left shin that started as a bad bump against some weight room equipment (I hate it when that happens!) that took forever to heal and actually produced a scar. I chalk that one up to sadness that I was moving away from Denver shortly. I don't count the major surgery--the scar only counts if you didn't see it comin'! Ha, ha!

Who's got scar-tats?

Herc

I have some scar "tattoos" and plan to get a real tattoo this winter.

My scars.. Well there's one on my arm from trying to ride the bike with just one hand (Note to myself: Do not ever use just your right hand on the left side of the handle bar, especially not on gravel!). And there's one on my shoulder from a "bike race" I had as a child.. Actually I just sat on someone else's carrier, then the race started and I fell off at high speed.. And there's several small ones on various parts of my body from my not-so-happy past, but they remind me of where I've been to and how far I've come already.

And as for the real tattoo I plan to get.. I want a ship in a bottle outside a bottle So the bottle is supposed to be broken... Because that's how I feel a lot. As if I used to be a ship in a bottle, but now the bottle's about to break and I'm about to leave the harbor.

The tattoo looks fucking great, Saulo! Looking forward to seeing some shades soon.

Who's got scar-tats?

I love scar stories, haha.

I've got a big scar on my left forarm from getting stabbed with a switchblade while in a fight. The guy apparently didn't like losing a fight, so he pull the knife and swong it right into my arm Getting stabbed sucks btw.

I've also got a weird dot like scar just above my left nipple from getting attacked with what I think was either a screwdriver or an icepick, I never noticed because I fell on my ass and got kicked in the face. I woke up a few minutes later to the voice of a cute girl telling me that I'd been stabbed and that the paramedics were on their way. Luckily it was just a flesh wound and the guy that stabbed me got arrested later that evening.

The rest of my scars are from skateboarding or doing dumb shit.

fixie riding
= ??

THINGS YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR AT THE TATTOO PARLOR

* "Eagle? I thought you said BEAGLE."

* "We're all out of red, so I used pink."

* "There are 2 Os in Bob, right?"

* "That call was for you. Sorry, dude. Hope you meet someone else named Tahiti Sweetie."

* "Gosh, I hate it when I get the hiccups."

* "Anything else you want to say? You've got plenty of room back here."

* "I'll bet you can't tell I've never done this before."

* "The flag's all done and you know, the folds of fat make a nice waving effect."

* "Oops...."

I currently have two tattoos. Here's my newest:

http://www.veganedge.com/web_img/tattoo_small.jpg

It's a modified version of the DC flag (I'm originally from Washington, DC). So, it's like a three-in-one: Vegan, straightedge, DC!

I've been toying with getting the Earth Crisis logo with "Forever True" next to it as my next tattoo.