Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Acne products that don't test on animals?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 am 
Rabbit

I'm using clearasil and not sure if they test on animals.

Post subject: Re: Acne products that don't test on animals?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:05 am 
Rabbit

I also use clearasil, I never actually considered this before.

I had a quick look on Google and it seems to be split, some say Yes, others say no and others say no one knows so I'm really not sure who to believe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:32 am 
Finch

This doesnt really answer your question, but I thought I might share my experience with you about acne.

I had acne from the time I was 11 years old. I think I tried every product from supermarket washes, over the counter creams, prescription medications and antibiotics - none of it worked. At 24 I started using the 'oil cleansing method' on my skin (lots of information on the net if you google it) and now my skin is as close to flawless as its ever been. I just mix equal parts castor oil and extra virgin olive oil, massage it over my face for 5-10mins, then wash off with very hot water and a clean washcloth. I do this 3 times a week.

Sorry if I sound like an adverisement but I will tell anyone who'll listen about this because it worked so well for me. No chemicals, no animal testing and incredibly cheap (as you only use a small amount each wash). I hope you'll try it and have the same result I have :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:41 am 
Elephant

http://www.paulaschoice.com/ doesn't test on animals but I'm not sure if all the ingredients are vegan.

I've used the oil cleansing method with castor + some other oil off and on. Works for about two weeks for me then my skin returns to "normal," sometimes switching to a different combo of oils will get me another two weeks. Right now I'm just using an olive oil bar soap and making sure to use a moisturizer after showering. Seems to work ok right now. Since it's still primarily olive oil I consider it OCM.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:31 am 
Rabbit

gecko wrote:
This doesnt really answer your question, but I thought I might share my experience with you about acne.

I had acne from the time I was 11 years old. I think I tried every product from supermarket washes, over the counter creams, prescription medications and antibiotics - none of it worked. At 24 I started using the 'oil cleansing method' on my skin (lots of information on the net if you google it) and now my skin is as close to flawless as its ever been. I just mix equal parts castor oil and extra virgin olive oil, massage it over my face for 5-10mins, then wash off with very hot water and a clean washcloth. I do this 3 times a week.

Sorry if I sound like an adverisement but I will tell anyone who'll listen about this because it worked so well for me. No chemicals, no animal testing and incredibly cheap (as you only use a small amount each wash). I hope you'll try it and have the same result I have :D

I thought about olive oil. I did this using oatmeal and my skin felt pretty good.

chrisjs wrote:
http://www.paulaschoice.com/ doesn't test on animals but I'm not sure if all the ingredients are vegan.
I've used the oil cleansing method with castor + some other oil off and on. Works for about two weeks for me then my skin returns to "normal," sometimes switching to a different combo of oils will get me another two weeks. Right now I'm just using an olive oil bar soap and making sure to use a moisturizer after showering. Seems to work ok right now. Since it's still primarily olive oil I consider it OCM.

I'll look into this too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 pm 
Rabbit

acne.org products are vegan! clearisil is tested on animals.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:49 pm 
Stegosaurus

Alba Botanica's Acne Dote line is vegan, I'm actually just writing up the product descriptions now to get them on our site tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:20 pm 
Manatee

If the problem is caused by excess sebum and blocked pores, washing with a tea-tree facial wash might help.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 am 
Rabbit

I use ProActiv and it works if used as directed and it's not tested on animals.

http://trialbyvegan.tumblr.com/