Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how often/much do you drink?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 am 
Elephant

i'm curious what everyone's drinking pattern is. this past weekend my cousin got married, and to sum up: open bar lol red & white wine, champagne, beers, whiskey cola, too many vodka shots, gin tonic, rum cola, vodka shots, beers, red wine - you get the idea haha

we got home around 1am, and from about 3am-6am i was vomiting all over, luckily my mom came and gave me the trash so i wouldn't be puking on the floor all night. i was basically paralyzed, couldn't move expect to puke all night. all sunday i was laying in bed in pain, it was horrible. i didn't puke until later in the day around 9pm after eating some tangerine. around 2am i went to the toilet about to puke again, but it passed. even monday food and drink was still tasting awful, not sure i've ever had it that bad before. a hangover is defiantly not as much fun as the movie :)

basically i'm taking a break from drinking, and wondering what everyone's view is on the liquid poison :) i'll say one thing, you learn from bad situations, and this one made me quite humble.

Last edited by endcruelty on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: how often/much do you drink?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 am 
Gorilla

10 bears and 10 tequilas in one night - that what i did in my worse youth days. I wish I did something better instead of drinking and ruining my body. Now, 37, I drink one bear and already feel poisoned. Thank god I took the healthy life road. To all young guys here: PLEASE don't drink and do drugs - it's waste of time. That's what "THEY" want you to do. Get weak and sick, so they can manipulate you. Get strong!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 am 
Rabbit

Vege, how can you call yourself a vegan! Bears are animals!
(Beers hehe)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 am 
Gorilla

Ruhtroh wrote:
Vege, how can you call yourself a vegan! Bears are animals!
(Beers hehe)

:lachmal: spelling isn't my strong side, hehehhee.
Actually, you made me remember we drank bear beers when we had money for imported beers. And that bear beer was way stronger than ours.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:49 am 
Elephant

Haven't drank since the start of the year. And before that only had 3 or 4 pints of cider since I started strength training. Seriously gets in the way of mood, eating, hydration. I just see it as a complete waste of money, time and gains now. Times in the past I stopped drinking for bouts and said I didn't miss it without really meaning it. Now I can honestly say it doesn't even cross my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:04 am 
Elephant

I drink maybe once every month or two. Usually it's just a few beers while sitting and relaxing with mates. Can't remember the last time I was drunk.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 am 
Stegosaurus

I won't lie - I really appreciate a nice glass of red wine and I have one a couple of times a week on average.

When there is a special occasion to celebrate, I will go out and get a buzz if I feel like it. However I can't stand getting so drunk that I am sick and dizzy and hungover the next day. The last time I did that was at my bachelorette party, wasn't pretty at the end of the night!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:19 pm 
Gorilla

Don't drink. Never have, never will. I love you Mr. Liver.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:46 pm 
Stegosaurus

I don't remember a lot between age 21 and 23. At least, not anything that ever happened on weekends :wink:

Now, maybe 2x/week for 2-3 while doing work outside the office (much more relaxing to put together orders for the week over a pint or two than sitting amidst a desk full of clutter), but that's about it. About 2-3 times per year I end up somewhere with a group that wants to close the bar down and I go beyond my usual limit, and I end up regretting it for half the week afterward, so I keep that sort of thing to a minimum.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 pm 
Manatee

I really don't drink often. Maybe a glass of wine 5 times a year....usually at holidays. On the rare occasion I have 2 glasses I get a little loopy and I don't like how I feel.....guess i'm too much of a control freak. on other occasions i am usually the designated driver....which i don't mind...it's usually entertaining :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 pm 
Elephant

I have been 'clean' for 16 months now. Not really working at it, but I don't wanna break my streak now!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:49 pm 
Elephant

sosso wrote:
I drink maybe once every month or two. Usually it's just a few beers while sitting and relaxing with mates. Can't remember the last time I was drunk.

same. it's rare for me usually. if we have liquor at home i'll usually make some kind of mix drink every few days just for the hell of it, but rarely do i even get buzzed :)

lobsteriffic wrote:
However I can't stand getting so drunk that I am sick and dizzy and hungover the next day. The last time I did that was at my bachelorette party, wasn't pretty at the end of the night!

the bachelor party i was really good actually, only had about 3 or 4 beers, and maybe 2 vodka shots. these kind of days are so rare for me, the last time it got this bad was about 10 years ago :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:20 pm 
Finch

once a week. 2 drinks! If I go to a party, mabey more :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:05 am 
Gorilla

that feeling.so gross....

i think it aged me dramatically between the years of 12-17 lol

Drinking different tea's would be a much better way of drinking.TEA PARTY!!

Never had a good time drinking anyway.the best times are personal victories.and 1 of my greatest victories so far has been giving up alcohol!people use to say i was the worst drinker out of my friends and id be an alcoholic.AND IT WAS ONLY ME WHO DOES NOT DRINK OR SMOKE NOW HAH!~desu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm 
Rabbit

I was drinking a lot my freshman year in college, like a half gallon of gin a night a lot. Then, when I finally quit smoking cigarettes ~9 months ago I started drinking beer/wine 3 or 4 days a week. I think I'm going to stop all together though now, i haven't decided though.