Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Tea Party Activist Gets Punched
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:53 am 
Stegosaurus

Again, painting the entire movement based on the actions of a few kooks is not a good idea. But, sometimes the logic falls on deaf ears...

I could see the point of rage if the Tea Party's platform was inherently racist. But, it isn't, though admittedly it draws out some nutjobs, just like everything else.

I've seen/heard no shortage of racism and bigotry from many very liberal-leaning folk who claimed to be against it (lots of people who talk a good game but don't live up to the standards they want others to), so we may as well punch out everyone. After all, it's the American way to want to brawl those we don't agree with! Matter of fact, I think I'll punch myself right now and get the ball rolling :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm 
Stegosaurus

From
http://www.salon.com/news/healthcare_reform/index.html?story=%2Fpolitics%2Fwar_room%2F2010%2F11%2F16%2Fgop_congressman_healthcare

Quote:

Representative-elect Andy Harris, a Maryland Republican and anesthesiologist, beat his incumbent Democratic opponent by campaigning against the terror of universal socialized medicine. Despite the fact that his opponent voted against healthcare reform, Harris insisted that once elected he would vote to repeal healthcare reform. Now he is elected! And he was shocked to learn that his free, taxpayer-funded, government-run healthcare won't kick in until 28 days after he's sworn in. This made him upset!

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange. The benefits session, held behind closed doors, drew about 250 freshman members, staffers and family members to the Capitol Visitors Center auditorium late Monday morning,”.

Then he came up with a pretty good idea: "Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap...." Yeah -- why can't people just purchase health insurance from the government? Oh, right, because of Joe Lieberman and every Republican in Congress.

"'This is the only employer I’ve ever worked for where you don’t get coverage the first day you are employed,' his spokeswoman Anna Nix told POLITICO." It's funny because lots of people have worked places where you don't get coverage any day you're employed.

God bless the random anonymous aide who exposed this guy as a tool a month before he was even sworn in.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 pm 
Gorilla

VeganEssentials wrote:
Again, painting the entire movement based on the actions of a few kooks is not a good idea. But, sometimes the logic falls on deaf ears...

I could see the point of rage if the Tea Party's platform was inherently racist. But, it isn't, though admittedly it draws out some nutjobs, just like everything else.

I've seen/heard no shortage of racism and bigotry from many very liberal-leaning folk who claimed to be against it (lots of people who talk a good game but don't live up to the standards they want others to), so we may as well punch out everyone. After all, it's the American way to want to brawl those we don't agree with! Matter of fact, I think I'll punch myself right now and get the ball rolling :wink:

And again, if the answer isn't violence neither is your silence. Just as they have the freedom to protest and say whatever the fuck they want, i have the freedom to counter protest them and, and say what I want against them. As long as I don't use violence.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

Ryofire wrote:
And again, if the answer isn't violence neither is your silence. Just as they have the freedom to protest and say whatever the fuck they want, i have the freedom to counter protest them and, and say what I want against them. As long as I don't use violence.

This doesn't make any sense. Protesting against an entire group for the actions of a select few? Silence against the actions of a few that aren't the platform of the entire group? There's nothing logical about that.

Seriously, you'd be better off making a point of being mad at the Klan, The Westboro Baptist Church or someone whose group is actively based on racism and bigotry. At least you'd have a leg to stand on with claims of counter protest, genocide (as per inference from your lyrics post), or whatever your notion is. I can't make you WANT to expand your view, so you can remain close-minded, that's your call. I'm not a member of the Tea Party nor a supporter, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Nobody said you can't feel the way you do - I'm simply trying to show you the logic of blanketing a group you seem to know little about (with the exception of one or two blurbs about the "evils" that are put on the individual, not the whole party) makes no sense. But, since it's not settling in, I'll let you believe what you want, even if it is a waste of energy. Good luck with that whole thing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm 
Rabbit

There'll be bigoted people on both "sides", yes. I still don't share any of the tea-baggers views.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:14 pm 
Gorilla

VeganEssentials wrote:
Ryofire wrote:

This doesn't make any sense. Protesting against an entire group for the actions of a select few? Silence against the actions of a few that aren't the platform of the entire group? There's nothing logical about that.

Seriously, you'd be better off making a point of being mad at the Klan, The Westboro Baptist Church or someone whose group is actively based on racism and bigotry. At least you'd have a leg to stand on with claims of counter protest, genocide (as per inference from your lyrics post), or whatever your notion is. I can't make you WANT to expand your view, so you can remain close-minded, that's your call. I'm not a member of the Tea Party nor a supporter, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Nobody said you can't feel the way you do - I'm simply trying to show you the logic of blanketing a group you seem to know little about (with the exception of one or two blurbs about the "evils" that are put on the individual, not the whole party) makes no sense. But, since it's not settling in, I'll let you believe what you want, even if it is a waste of energy. Good luck with that whole thing.

Good luck with trying to get everyone to think like you.Although you like to think your not trying to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:15 pm 
Gorilla

Dallas wrote:
There'll be bigoted people on both "sides", yes. I still don't share any of the tea-baggers views.

Thank you! Heh Heh, Teabaggers Heh Heh.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:37 pm 
Manatee

True Boston Liberalism at its' finest...my way or the highway...

I have made it a habit to get back into the mindset that every workout is war. All-out, 100% do-it-or-die-trying war. If you want to get bigger and/or stronger, lifting won't be fun most days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 pm 
Stegosaurus

Ryofire wrote:
Good luck with trying to get everyone to think like you.Although you like to think your not trying to do that.

I'm sorry that the logic of my lesson has been a difficult thing to grasp here. I'll try not to confuse you with it next time :wink:

I don't personally care what you think, and again, I said you're entitled to your opinions. The thing is, when my ignorance detector beeps, I feel a responsibility to try and counter-act it by saying assumptions are not a good thing, which is true in this case whether you want to believe it or not. If that equals "trying to make everyone think like me", then brother, you're going to have a tough time relating to anyone who disagrees with you.

You'll figure it out someday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:34 pm 
Gorilla

VeganEssentials wrote:
Ryofire wrote:

I'm sorry that the logic of my lesson has been a difficult thing to grasp here. I'll try not to confuse you with it next time :wink:

I don't personally care what you think, and again, I said you're entitled to your opinions. The thing is, when my ignorance detector beeps, I feel a responsibility to try and counter-act it by saying assumptions are not a good thing, which is true in this case whether you want to believe it or not. If that equals "trying to make everyone think like me", then brother, you're going to have a tough time relating to anyone who disagrees with you.

There's a difference between disagreeing in a confirming way and disagreeing in way that makes you look like absolute prick which you are doing right now, wheither you want to believe it or not.

Last edited by Ryofire on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 pm 
Gorilla

katz wrote:

Ok first off I am not a fucking liberal weenie. I believe and support the second amendment, don't support affirmative action, and most definitely am not a zionist.

And second off fuck you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm 
Gorilla

katz wrote:

You wouldn't have the guts to talk shit about my Boston to another Bostonian in real life. Coward!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:19 pm 
Stegosaurus

Dude, you're as clueless as the day is long.

I think you'll be the first person I've decided to put on the "ignore" list. There's a point where flawed logic and personal attacks (thanks for calling me a prick, internet tough guy) turn me off like nothing else. At least you didn't try to see anything from a different view, solidifying your perpetual know-it-all stance that you use with anyone who ever disagrees with you. Your terrible insecurity is amazingly obvious in how you react to any opposition that could make you question your existing beliefs.

As a final question to you Ryofire, didn't you originally come here making many statements about the horrors being physically attacked, yet you tend to find great humor in so many instances of other people being attacked physically simply because you don't like them? I can recall at least 3 instances where you showed pleasure in video of or discusison of people being assaulted, be they "hipsters', Tea Party members or other. That should have been my first tip-off that you're not able to discuss some things rationally. So be it, I'm done with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:52 am 
Gorilla

VeganEssentials wrote:
Dude, you're as clueless as the day is long.

I think you'll be the first person I've decided to put on the "ignore" list. There's a point where flawed logic and personal attacks (thanks for calling me a prick, internet tough guy) turn me off like nothing else. At least you didn't try to see anything from a different view, solidifying your perpetual know-it-all stance that you use with anyone who ever disagrees with you. Your terrible insecurity is amazingly obvious in how you react to any opposition that could make you question your existing beliefs.

As a final question to you Ryofire, didn't you originally come here making many statements about the horrors being physically attacked, yet you tend to find great humor in so many instances of other people being attacked physically simply because you don't like them? I can recall at least 3 instances where you showed pleasure in video of or discusison of people being assaulted, be they "hipsters', Tea Party members or other. That should have been my first tip-off that you're not able to discuss some things rationally. So be it, I'm done with you.

Any time prick, just keep making yourself seem like the know-it-all by calling other people know-it-alls and thinking everyone else is as clueless and as ignorant as you. And yes I find great pleasure seeing scum get what they deserve, especially hipsters, racist/homophobic fucks, and low life chavs.

Since you really think my threads are that bad then don't fucking comment on them, it's that simple. So get a life and stop spending your time acting like a self righteous prick.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:20 am 
Stegosaurus

Ryofire wrote:
Any time prick, just keep making yourself seem like the know-it-all by calling other people know-it-alls and thinking everyone else is as clueless and as ignorant as you. And yes I find great pleasure seeing scum get what they deserve, especially hipsters, racist/homophobic fucks, and low life chavs.

Since you really think my threads are that bad then don't fucking comment on them, it's that simple. So get a life and stop spending your time acting like a self righteous prick.

It's apparent who the hater really is here.

Just another on the long list of so-called liberals, who are nothing more than clueless bigots.

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton