Tea Party Activist Gets Punched

Ryofire

They're well known for being racist and homophobic.

That's funny - many of the people I know who are extremely opposed to racism AND homophobia who feel excluded by both parties have moved to be Tea Party members.

Don't believe everything the media tells you

This is why I don't conisder myself a Conservative or a Liberal. Tea Party protesters have targeted people like Barney Frank (an openly gay representative) and John Lewis (a black representative). They've used words like "Nigger" and "Faggot."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/20/tea-party-protests-nier-f_n_507116.html#s74976

They're well known for being racist and homophobic.

That's funny - many of the people I know who are extremely opposed to racism AND homophobia who feel excluded by both parties have moved to be Tea Party members.

Don't believe everything the media tells you

This is why I don't conisder myself a Conservative or a Liberal. Tea Party protesters have targeted people like Barney Frank (an openly gay representative) and John Lewis (a black representative). They've used words like "Nigger" and "Faggot."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/20/tea-party-protests-nier-f_n_507116.html#s74976

A very good friend of mine who is openly gay attended the Milwaukee Tea Party rally (and I believe one in Chicago as well), making sure to not disguise his orientation to see how people would react, and was welcomed by everyone he spoke to when he's explain that he was worried that gay men and women wouldn't be accepted. I asked him if the representations in the media about the rallys were accurate, and his exact words were "The ones you see on sources other than CNN, MSNBC and everything anti-Tea Party might be a decent depiction, but the mainstream media is blatantly lying about the Tea Party." Not to mention, he said that the crowd was far more diverse nationality-wise than was reported in news sources both local and national, again stating that there's a distinct bias in how media has portrayed the party. The one thing he said was that, of course, there were a few there who seemed a tad extreme with the whole "return to the roots of the constitution" stance, but there's no such thing as a political party without it's extremists.

Lesson to take home, don't paint an entire movement by the actions of a few idiots. If that were the case, even veganism and animal rights would have lost all credibility a long, long time ago in the eyes of everyoe who isn't directly involved themselves Anything people get passionate about tends to have some who do dumb things, and do you think that the media wants to show a peaceful rally of thousands, or, focus primarily on the guy in the tinfoil hat with a swastika who screams something insane and offensive? That one's not too tough to figure out

Whatever you tell and no matter how long your post it's still is not going to make me change my mind about the Tea Party.

Let's punch out some racist scum bags http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/benoit2k4/kenshiro.gif

That much is clear, lol. Whatever your position is, I don't believe violence is the answer...

I second VeganEssentials comment...

...don't paint an entire movement by the actions of a few idiots....

That much is clear, lol. Whatever your position is, I don't believe violence is the answer...

I second VeganEssentials comment...

...don't paint an entire movement by the actions of a few idiots....

Listen to the victim, abused by the system

The basis is racist, you know that we must face this.

"It can't happen here". Oh yeah?

"Take a look around at the cities and the towns."

See them hunting, creeping, sneaking

Breeding fear and loathing with the lies they're speaking

The knife, the gun, broken bottle, petrol bomb

There is no future when the past soon come.

And when they come to ethnically cleanse me

Will you speak out? Will you defend me?

Or laugh through a glass eye as they rape our lives

Trampled underfoot by the right on the rise

You owe us....Ich Bin Ein Auslander

You owe us everything... Ich Bin Ein Auslander

Welcome to a state where the politics of hate

Shout loud in the crowd "Watch them beat us all down"

There's a rising tide in the rivers of blood

But if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence

If they come to ethnically cleanse me

Will you speak out? Will you defend me?

Freedom of expression doesn't make it alright

Trampled underfoot by the rise of the right

Again, painting the entire movement based on the actions of a few kooks is not a good idea. But, sometimes the logic falls on deaf ears...

I could see the point of rage if the Tea Party's platform was inherently racist. But, it isn't, though admittedly it draws out some nutjobs, just like everything else.

I've seen/heard no shortage of racism and bigotry from many very liberal-leaning folk who claimed to be against it (lots of people who talk a good game but don't live up to the standards they want others to), so we may as well punch out everyone. After all, it's the American way to want to brawl those we don't agree with! Matter of fact, I think I'll punch myself right now and get the ball rolling

From

http://www.salon.com/news/healthcare_reform/index.html?story=%2Fpolitics%2Fwar_room%2F2010%2F11%2F16%2Fgop_congressman_healthcare

Representative-elect Andy Harris, a Maryland Republican and anesthesiologist, beat his incumbent Democratic opponent by campaigning against the terror of universal socialized medicine. Despite the fact that his opponent voted against healthcare reform, Harris insisted that once elected he would vote to repeal healthcare reform. Now he is elected! And he was shocked to learn that his free, taxpayer-funded, government-run healthcare won't kick in until 28 days after he's sworn in. This made him upset!

“He stood up and asked the two ladies who were answering questions why it had to take so long, what he would do without 28 days of health care,” said a congressional staffer who saw the exchange. The benefits session, held behind closed doors, drew about 250 freshman members, staffers and family members to the Capitol Visitors Center auditorium late Monday morning,”.

Then he came up with a pretty good idea: "Harris then asked if he could purchase insurance from the government to cover the gap...." Yeah -- why can't people just purchase health insurance from the government? Oh, right, because of Joe Lieberman and every Republican in Congress.

"'This is the only employer I’ve ever worked for where you don’t get coverage the first day you are employed,' his spokeswoman Anna Nix told POLITICO." It's funny because lots of people have worked places where you don't get coverage any day you're employed.

God bless the random anonymous aide who exposed this guy as a tool a month before he was even sworn in.

Again, painting the entire movement based on the actions of a few kooks is not a good idea. But, sometimes the logic falls on deaf ears...

I could see the point of rage if the Tea Party's platform was inherently racist. But, it isn't, though admittedly it draws out some nutjobs, just like everything else.

I've seen/heard no shortage of racism and bigotry from many very liberal-leaning folk who claimed to be against it (lots of people who talk a good game but don't live up to the standards they want others to), so we may as well punch out everyone. After all, it's the American way to want to brawl those we don't agree with! Matter of fact, I think I'll punch myself right now and get the ball rolling

And again, if the answer isn't violence neither is your silence. Just as they have the freedom to protest and say whatever the fuck they want, i have the freedom to counter protest them and, and say what I want against them. As long as I don't use violence.

And again, if the answer isn't violence neither is your silence. Just as they have the freedom to protest and say whatever the fuck they want, i have the freedom to counter protest them and, and say what I want against them. As long as I don't use violence.

This doesn't make any sense. Protesting against an entire group for the actions of a select few? Silence against the actions of a few that aren't the platform of the entire group? There's nothing logical about that.

Seriously, you'd be better off making a point of being mad at the Klan, The Westboro Baptist Church or someone whose group is actively based on racism and bigotry. At least you'd have a leg to stand on with claims of counter protest, genocide (as per inference from your lyrics post), or whatever your notion is. I can't make you WANT to expand your view, so you can remain close-minded, that's your call. I'm not a member of the Tea Party nor a supporter, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Nobody said you can't feel the way you do - I'm simply trying to show you the logic of blanketing a group you seem to know little about (with the exception of one or two blurbs about the "evils" that are put on the individual, not the whole party) makes no sense. But, since it's not settling in, I'll let you believe what you want, even if it is a waste of energy. Good luck with that whole thing.

This doesn't make any sense. Protesting against an entire group for the actions of a select few? Silence against the actions of a few that aren't the platform of the entire group? There's nothing logical about that.

Seriously, you'd be better off making a point of being mad at the Klan, The Westboro Baptist Church or someone whose group is actively based on racism and bigotry. At least you'd have a leg to stand on with claims of counter protest, genocide (as per inference from your lyrics post), or whatever your notion is. I can't make you WANT to expand your view, so you can remain close-minded, that's your call. I'm not a member of the Tea Party nor a supporter, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Nobody said you can't feel the way you do - I'm simply trying to show you the logic of blanketing a group you seem to know little about (with the exception of one or two blurbs about the "evils" that are put on the individual, not the whole party) makes no sense. But, since it's not settling in, I'll let you believe what you want, even if it is a waste of energy. Good luck with that whole thing.

Good luck with trying to get everyone to think like you.Although you like to think your not trying to do that.

Good luck with trying to get everyone to think like you.Although you like to think your not trying to do that.

I'm sorry that the logic of my lesson has been a difficult thing to grasp here. I'll try not to confuse you with it next time

I don't personally care what you think, and again, I said you're entitled to your opinions. The thing is, when my ignorance detector beeps, I feel a responsibility to try and counter-act it by saying assumptions are not a good thing, which is true in this case whether you want to believe it or not. If that equals "trying to make everyone think like me", then brother, you're going to have a tough time relating to anyone who disagrees with you.

You'll figure it out someday.

I'm sorry that the logic of my lesson has been a difficult thing to grasp here. I'll try not to confuse you with it next time

I don't personally care what you think, and again, I said you're entitled to your opinions. The thing is, when my ignorance detector beeps, I feel a responsibility to try and counter-act it by saying assumptions are not a good thing, which is true in this case whether you want to believe it or not. If that equals "trying to make everyone think like me", then brother, you're going to have a tough time relating to anyone who disagrees with you.

There's a difference between disagreeing in a confirming way and disagreeing in way that makes you look like absolute prick which you are doing right now, wheither you want to believe it or not.

Edited by Ryofire