Does it bother you places cook your food in oil with meat?

RawFitnessGurl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't eat vegan food cooked in same oil as meat, or tofu cooked on the same surface as sausages, steak, hamburger, bacon and eggs; that would be quite disgusting. I almost never buy french fries (but sometimes I do it at home or with plantain bananas) but if I do I ask if they use lard, animal fats to cook the potatoes in it, and sometimes they do.

Fallen_Horse, question. I'm just wondering are you vegan or vegetarian? Do you wear leather?

Interesting question, assuming it is based on my response. I am a 99% vegan, which means I do my best to avoid purchasing or using any animal products. The 99% comes in because sometimes I am lazy when it comes to ingredients that may or may not be vegan. However if it's a product I buy more than once I will usually check with the company. This is referring to ingredients such as vitamin D, sugar, etc.

Please let's make this friendly everyone!!!!!!! I am just asking because I have noticed the diff. between vegans over 10 years and those under.

But please keep it friendly, the war of vegans needs to calm down.

vegan against vegan violence is tearing us apart?

I've been vegan for almost 5 years now, I think! Born vegetarian, so have never eaten meat, except when stupid restaurants/ and or people gave me meat by accident.

I would never eat anything non meat that was cooked in the same oil, or was right next to meat on a barbecue. I am vegan for humane reasons, and for me it would be like contaminating myself to eat something vegan that was in an oil that chicken was already cooked in. I mentioned this issue to PETA once and the person that replied said something about my being extreme, but I really don't think so. maybe I am, but I'm not about to change.

Hsorlando, no your not I said the same thing to PETA and said it's not a big deal. PETA sucks anyways. A group of us asked for help to shut down somewhere selling 3 day old baby bunny's, and where the are slamming them into walls and causing brain damage and they said we don't do that. They at times make me miss the old PETA.

That sucks about the bunnies .

I won't eat things that could have blood on them. It's just gross .

I've been vegetarian for 11 years and vegan for a year now. I didn't mind so much at first, and would eat things that had been floating around in hot oil with dead chickens. But, it's not a recent change, I started feeling gross about that after about a year. Now I feel the same as if I knew people were being cooked up next to my food.

And about peta, they are a big reason why I didn't stay vegan the first time I did it years ago. So much of the things they recommend as food contain animal ingredients. So, I decided I would eat some dairy and egg when it made social situations more convenient, because it was obviously impossible to actually be vegan if a "vegan organization" was promoting animal products .

Horse, you're not nearly vegan enough, please e-mail me your certificate so I can cremate it

Would this be done in a separate crematory from where they burn the bodies? I wouldn't want you to contaminate the paper, defeats the whole purpose of making it out of trees.

And about peta, they are a big reason why I didn't stay vegan the first time I did it years ago. So much of the things they recommend as food contain animal ingredients. So, I decided I would eat some dairy and egg when it made social situations more convenient, because it was obviously impossible to actually be vegan if a "vegan organization" was promoting animal products

Peta just got on the VEGAN bandwagon a few years ago. Before they were more vegetarian and animal rights.

It's so easy to stay vegan, especially now with all this vegan food out. Damn we had rice and potatos, yum. But some "vegan" products are still putting animal products in their stuff. Just cought one and question 2 others.