Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Does it bother you places cook your food in oil with me
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm 
Rabbit

Very cool! I never break it up like that but when I do it's vegetarian for 7 years and then vegan for 14 years now. Oh wow, I was just happy to say meat free for 21 years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 am 
Elephant

I've been vegan for almost 5 years now, I think! Born vegetarian, so have never eaten meat, except when stupid restaurants/ and or people gave me meat by accident.

I would never eat anything non meat that was cooked in the same oil, or was right next to meat on a barbecue. I am vegan for humane reasons, and for me it would be like contaminating myself to eat something vegan that was in an oil that chicken was already cooked in. I mentioned this issue to PETA once and the person that replied said something about my being extreme, but I really don't think so. maybe I am, but I'm not about to change.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:49 am 
Rabbit

Hsorlando, no your not I said the same thing to PETA and said it's not a big deal. PETA sucks anyways. A group of us asked for help to shut down somewhere selling 3 day old baby bunny's, and where the are slamming them into walls and causing brain damage and they said we don't do that. They at times make me miss the old PETA.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:05 pm 
Rabbit

RawFitnessGurl wrote:
somewhere selling 3 day old baby bunny's, and where the are slamming them into walls and causing brain damage

Poor babies!! :cry:

http://trialbyvegan.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:42 pm 
Rabbit

Ya, we rescued alot thanks to the SPCA. But the one I had died a week later.But she had a great week with ton's of food, love, toy's and another bunny friend.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm 
Rabbit

That sucks about the bunnies :( .

I won't eat things that could have blood on them. It's just gross :vom: .

I've been vegetarian for 11 years and vegan for a year now. I didn't mind so much at first, and would eat things that had been floating around in hot oil with dead chickens. But, it's not a recent change, I started feeling gross about that after about a year. Now I feel the same as if I knew people were being cooked up next to my food.

And about peta, they are a big reason why I didn't stay vegan the first time I did it years ago. So much of the things they recommend as food contain animal ingredients. So, I decided I would eat some dairy and egg when it made social situations more convenient, because it was obviously impossible to actually be vegan if a "vegan organization" was promoting animal products :roll: .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm 
Elephant

Richard wrote:
Horse, you're not nearly vegan enough, please e-mail me your certificate so I can cremate it

Would this be done in a separate crematory from where they burn the bodies? I wouldn't want you to contaminate the paper, defeats the whole purpose of making it out of trees.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:04 pm 
Rabbit

And about peta, they are a big reason why I didn't stay vegan the first time I did it years ago. So much of the things they recommend as food contain animal ingredients. So, I decided I would eat some dairy and egg when it made social situations more convenient, because it was obviously impossible to actually be vegan if a "vegan organization" was promoting animal products

Peta just got on the VEGAN bandwagon a few years ago. Before they were more vegetarian and animal rights.

It's so easy to stay vegan, especially now with all this vegan food out. Damn we had rice and potatos, yum. But some "vegan" products are still putting animal products in their stuff. Just cought one and question 2 others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 am 
Manatee

Of course I wouldn't eat from the same 'cauldron'. Thought this was self-explanatory. :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 pm 
Rabbit

Love your response Duncan_Idaho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 pm 
Rabbit

RawFitnessGurl wrote:
Peta just got on the VEGAN bandwagon a few years ago. Before they were more vegetarian and animal rights.

It's so easy to stay vegan, especially now with all this vegan food out. Damn we had rice and potatos, yum. But some "vegan" products are still putting animal products in their stuff. Just cought one and question 2 others.

When I was a teenager peta seemed to be pretty vocal about veganism, I would see peta booths at different hardcore shows giving out stickers and pamphlets all the time, it was how I found out about veganism. But, now they seem to be too busy giving awards and praise to the companies that kill and torture the most animals to even mention veganism.

Also, I hope the "Vegan" label on products gets regulated here in the states. It doesn't make sense to me that a company will want to get the vegan market, but not take the time to figure out what it even means before launching a product. Either that, or they are purposely putting out non-vegan products hoping people won't read the ingredients, but that still doesn't make sense to me, because someone is going to read it eventually and they will be called on it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 pm 
Rabbit

Also, I hope the "Vegan" label on products gets regulated here in the states. It doesn't make sense to me that a company will want to get the vegan market, but not take the time to figure out what it even means before launching a product. Either that, or they are purposely putting out non-vegan products hoping people won't read the ingredients, but that still doesn't make sense to me, because someone is going to read it eventually and they will be called on it.

They have been called out for years, I know I have called many out and it has improved alot. The ones that were called out changed the label.

For Peta was it vegan or vegetarian? And how long ago was it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 am 
Stegosaurus

goob wrote:

Sadly, I don't expect we'll see it in this lifetime.

Any time there's massive variance in interpretation as to what different people consider "vegan", there's not going to be a standardized labeling system. Consider the varying degrees of other personal interpretations of where each of us draws the line, and you've got a recipe for disaster leading to potential litigation problems if things are not standardized, and you can see why it shouldn't be something we expect to see soon.

While I personally don't care if my chocolate is made in a factory that also produces dairy chocolate because I know not every company can set up a dedicated vegan facility due to costs and manpower issues, what about those whose personal interpretation of veganism (not the literal Donald Watson definition of veganism that is the ONLY "definition" on paper as of this time) tells them this isn't good enough and they consider it non-vegan (even if by such definition it is)? What about bone-char processed sugar, something that seems to be a 50/50 split from all the vegans I know where some are against it, some don't care because technically, the end product IS vegan? Already, this opens a whole set of problems, and nobody who isn't ready for a mass of headaches will touch creating a set definition for vegan products with a ten-foot-pole.

Unfortuntely, while the vegan community still draws new lines for where we each make our own definition of how far we go, it makes an impossible scenario to make everyone agree and allow for a standardized "rule" of what qualifies and what doesn't. I wish it were simpler, but after nearly 12 years in the vegan products game, I've come to realize what is likely to happen and what we'll probably never see. And, a standardized vegan label for products in the USA is one that will probably never happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 am 
Rabbit

No it does need to be done. And bone char is not vegan, those who don't care I always' ask how long they have been vegan.

But what I was talking about are vegan products that contain dairy, whey, casein. That is still happening.

And yes some use minerals from rock but considering they are selling their bar for $1.50, then less to the vendor, I wonder if it's stone or bones.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 pm 
Elephant

RawFitnessGurl wrote:
But what I was talking about are vegan products that contain dairy, whey, casein. That is still happening.
Examples? I've seen "vegan" products with honey in them, but that's about it. I'm genuinely curious what I may have missed.

No more regulation! A bunch of political hacks' appointees will only make matters worse. There are NGO certifications out there such as what's offered by vegan.org to ensure products are vegan. If a company wants to, they can license that. These organizations are motivated to ensure products are vegan, the government has no motivation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next