Most influential advice in bodybuilding from 2010

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

robert
Site Admin

Most influential advice in bodybuilding from 2010

#1 Postby robert » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:39 pm

It may sound silly, but the most influential bodybuilding advice I personally received in 2010 came about this way:

I was working for Bodybuiding.com at the Arnold Classic and at that point had taken nearly a year off from lifting. Knowing I was smaller than usual, I was making some jokes about it. It was funny for a while, a bunch of us laughed and then one of my favorite pro bodybuilders I work with at Bodybuilding.com said to me, "Remember what your hat says and who you represent."

A Bodybuilding.com knit cap is what I was wearing and though he laughed with me at first....it was a wake up call for me to respect bodybuilding and represent myself appropriately. A couple of months later I started training seriously again and for 5 months in a row I've been making a comeback. I still have along way to go, even to get to where I was 2 years ago, but that exchange of words inspired me, challenged me and made me think a little differently about how I represent the sport.

I'm happy to be back on the forum and plan to represent bodybuilding well moving forward.

Time to eat......

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Return to “General Discussion”