100 Sled Dogs Slautered in Whistler B.C. Last April....

growinglarger

Just when you think the world of sled dogs was under the global eye of scrutiny.... This happens:

sled dog report one

and

sled dog report two

I wish I could take the last 3 summer trips over the years I have taken to Whistler back! Can you believe that one of the people involved in the torture and slaughter is getting "workers' compensation benefits for post traumatic stress disorder". WHAT!?!?????

What kind of benefits do the dogs get?? Oops-Too late for that.

Despite my boiling anger at this whole mess, I am forced to remember that 99% of my brothers and sisters north of the border are NOT the subject of my rage. My target of this rage will be focused directly on (1) the sled dog industry (US and Canada) and (2) making sure Whistler B.C. NEVER sees any more tourist dollars EVER from me and from people I relate this story too and (3) Reminding people who find this story appalling, do the same thing and not take it out on the general Canadian population. After all, this hideous industry is both US and Canada's, and we must make sure everybody knows this cannot be tolorated any further.

Sadly-I have not found any more recent news as to the whereabouts of the people involved. Will they ever see a court room? Will they ever be punished?? I know that those involved, and the city of Whistler want this story to go away.... Please let's not allow that to happen. Geesh-What a way to start the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...