Do we need heavier moderation here?

Fallen_Horse

I tend to frown on many forums which over-moderate the users, but I think maybe VBB needs a little moderation work. Some of the threads and posts here are just over-the-top and frankly a little crazy. I know it's hard to moderate 'crazy' but perhaps we could have a 'unique ideas' section of the forum?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "crazies" don't bother me though isn't there a way to moderate known "crazies" messages to prevent them from being posted until they are approved or never approved for that matter?

I wish there was more chatter here though especially about bodybuilding and what works for everyone.

There is always veganfitness.net. Most of you post there already. It is filled with intelligent people who live on planet Earth

Most of our "crazies" came here after being kicked off of veganfitness.net.

Since their content tends to have more, well, content, I would offer that as an argument for *slightly* tighter moderation.

Edited by beforewisdom

There is always veganfitness.net. Most of you post there already. It is filled with intelligent people who live on planet Earth

Most of our "crazies" came here after being kicked off of veganfitness.net.

Since their content tends to have more, well, content, I would offer that as an argument for *slightly* tighter moderation.

I used to post on there a couple of years ago but honestly I never really felt like I fit in there. I found it was really endurance sport as well as powerlifting focused. Is that still the case? I guess I could just go and check it out for myself.

I used to post on there a couple of years ago but honestly I never really felt like I fit in there. I found it was really endurance sport as well as powerlifting focused. Is that still the case? I guess I could just go and check it out for myself.

That is still the case.

On the other hand, when was the last time conversations about bodybuilding or fitness dominated this board?

I have never had trouble getting decent advice about exercise issues on veganfitness.net.

You will recognize many names there: Fallen Horse, myself, Vegan Essentials, vegimator and a whole lot of vbbfers who left a long time ago.

Give it another try

Well I don't want to move people away from this forum at all, since I tend to prefer the community here to the one there (part of it is the endurance/powerlifting ideology that I don't fit into at VF). I just think we need to figure out a way to mark some threads as 'hypothetical science' and some threads as 'normal science'....

I think we have way too many categories....we have like 20+ sections. I just haven't made the time to sit down and narrow it down to about 10 total.

We don't need separate sections for entertainment, news, martial arts, regional, etc. All that can follow under general discussion.

I think once we get it down to 10 categories or so, get some of our more active members to become moderators, it will feel a little busier around here. I think we're just so spread out with so many categories, it looks a little baron around here.

Thanks for the feedback.

We'll see what we can do.

-Robert

Lol, 16 replies? Come on

I am a member of other forums and this one has been one of the nicest (may be the nicest) and you know it is a very civil one. Passion is necessary, passion is creative, passion is sometimes mistaken for bad attitude.

Try discussing the virtues of the diesel engine vs the gasoline engine in an Alfa Romeo forum:D

As to trying to police the the opinions of the people...I'll leave this without comments.

Lol, 16 replies? Come on

I am a member of other forums and this one has been one of the nicest (may be the nicest) and you know it is a very civil one. Passion is necessary, passion is creative, passion is sometimes mistaken for bad attitude.

Try discussing the virtues of the diesel engine vs the gasoline engine in an Alfa Romeo forum:D

As to trying to police the the opinions of the people...I'll leave this without comments.

Oo, diesel vs. gasoline. I've been researching a lot about the pros and cons in preparation of buying an overland vehicle.

Well I don't want to move people away from this forum at all

Look at some OLD threads. You will be surprised by your memory of the names of people who used to post here and who we have forgotten about after they have moved on. The community has already been eroded.

I just think we need to figure out a way to mark some threads as 'hypothetical science' and some threads as 'normal science'....

That is too much work and too much "subjective" digression even assuming you had mods that were into it.

I don't mean this as a nasty joke, but perhaps the quickest way to fix things is to have a policy to ban people who were banned on veganfitness.net.

Once the crazies are gone, new comers will come and be more likely to stay.

Vege, make no mistake, I've enjoyed many of the conversations I've had with you.

This thread is about people feeling frustrated at people not just having wrong opinions, but persisting in trying to spread misinformation, misinformation that could get people hurt and tarnish veganism.

I know, but once you start the Inquisition, everybody looks suspicious. My point is - let everybody say what they wish to say, and don't try to be a policeman or the "protector" of vegans who may stray into "dangerous" 811 philosophy. Nobody will get hurt