Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Do we need heavier moderation here?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm 
Rabbit

pazios2002 wrote:
goob wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:
I kind of feel like it's the crazies that drive people away, but maybe I'm off base with that.

This is why I am leaving, so you can't be that far off.

When I first found this forum I really liked it. It seemed very friendly and it inspired me to start lifting weights and show everyone around me that vegans can be strong. But, I don't like coming here anymore because it seems most of the active members have been brainwashed by a quack chiropractor that pretends to be a nutritionist.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that feel the same as I do about this place. The worst part about it though, is that some people probably come here a few times, get some dangerous advice and become ill, then give up on veganism because it didn't work. Or, even worse, someone could die.

I'm going to join veganfitness.net and hopefully I like that place as much as I used to like this forum.

who is this?

doug graham.

johnboy74 wrote:
Don't think the occasional crazy bouncing around this forum would make me leave this forum, a lack of atmosphere and social dynamics would though.

If it was only occasional I wouldn't be a problem. But, some of the most active people on this forum are those fruitloops with the 811, b12 is a lie, protein is a myth, the government is trying to poison everyone, only eat fruit and your body will heal itself garbage. Allowing that to go on here only serves to undermine the entire purpose of this forum.

Whenever someone tries to push that 811 bullshit online they need to be called out if only to make it clear that it is something all together different than veganism.

Post subject: Re: Do we need heavier moderation here?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 am 
Site Admin

Haha, I like the concept of someone trying to argue that protein is a myth.

goob, sorry you feel that way and I understand. I get frustrated too - and I've taken time away because of this kind of thing, and others. But I'm around now and trying to keep an eye on everything. I personally do not want this forum to be seen as a place where people can just spout lies with no back up. I'm all for people being allowed to put forward what they want, but I don't like to see people using a forum as a place to get across their own personal agenda, across multiple threads. If somebody has some theory that they want to share, it should go in a thread on its own. But to go through other threads and keep bringing it up, when it causes conflict everywhere, I don't think it's fair and I can see how it puts people off. So I want to try and stop that happening, and will do so if I see it, and if it's brought to my attention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7