What type of job do you have?

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

What type of job do you have?

A traditional career (40hrs/wk, corporate, salary, drive to work)
26%
A different career (variable hrs, corporate, some work at home)
4%
A non-career job (non-corporate, hourly, transitional)
13%
A part-time job
4%
Self-employed
26%
Unemployed
9%
Other (please describe)
17%

Total votes: 23

BlueRose
Gorilla

Re: What type of job do you have?

#16 Postby BlueRose » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:18 am

kenny.f wrote:I work in IT, as a Unix/J2EE System Engineer, so I chose "A traditional career" so on..
I kind of just fell into this type of work.
Throughout my 20's I was a professional musician, I love it but got really tired of truly being a starving musician. :(
I would think a degree in Engineering Physics (I'm guessing that's Mechanical Engineering) would do well in Denver, if not look around Orange County, CA, there are all kinds of tech firms around here.

Kenny

Oh good, I'm not alone! I'm a software engineer myself, but I do .NET programming.
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#17 Postby VeganEssentials » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Fallen_Horse wrote:
VeganEssentials wrote:Self-employed, of course, but what a freakin' scary time it is to be in business for yourself these days...

Yeah I can only imagine.... :|

Between the usual "summer slump" from mid-May through September and the fact that everyone seems to be worried about their financial future, let's just say that this is not the time anyone wants to consider opening a retail outlet. At least, not if they don't want to be stressed constantly and pulling their hair out by the roots!
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

SeaSiren
Elephant

#18 Postby SeaSiren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:26 am

VeganEssentials wrote:Between the usual "summer slump" from mid-May through September and the fact that everyone seems to be worried about their financial future, let's just say that this is not the time anyone wants to consider opening a retail outlet. At least, not if they don't want to be stressed constantly and pulling their hair out by the roots!

So true!

I'm a Realtor and love my job :)

VeganEssentials
Stegosaurus

#19 Postby VeganEssentials » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:42 pm

SeaSiren wrote:
VeganEssentials wrote:Between the usual "summer slump" from mid-May through September and the fact that everyone seems to be worried about their financial future, let's just say that this is not the time anyone wants to consider opening a retail outlet. At least, not if they don't want to be stressed constantly and pulling their hair out by the roots!

So true!

I'm a Realtor and love my job :)

Glad to hear it, Seasiren! As much as I'd thought that most Realtors would be in more of a bind these days, those I've come in contact with recently have been saying that they're still faring well despite the goofy home market situation.
"A 'hardgainer' is merely someone who hasn't bothered to try enough different training methods to learn what is actually right for their own damned body." - anonymous

Return to “General Discussion”