Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)

djshrew

Just wanted to post this since my TOS (http://www.atosa.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome?d=1310495176542) has been acting up. TOS is an often overlooked issue (I had to see about 4 doctors before it was ever discovered that I had TOS caused by a cervical rib (-"A cervical rib is a supernumerary (or extra) rib which arises from the seventh cervical vertebra. It is a congenital abnormality located above the normal first rib. A cervical rib is present in only about 1 in 500 (0.2%) of people;[1] in even rarer cases, an individual may have two cervical ribs. Cervical ribs are sometimes known as "neck ribs"" (Wikipedia).

Like other chronic pain issues, TOS is something I will always have to live with...but I won't let it hold me back.

I guess I'm posting this to inform others about TOS (since it is often overlooked and believed to be a made up condition by some doctors...yea, some doctors are stupid). And to inspire others with any chronic pain condition that you can workout and reach goals, you just may have to adjust how you reach them.

alright, cheesy rant done.