I should probably go exercise, but....

VeganResistance

Am I the only dude who completely blocks everyone out at the gym? I'm not looking for a pissing contest with the biggest dude or trying to spot some cute babes, or looking to pick up a chick, I just want to pound my body into submission.

Every time a girl has tried to start a conversation with me at the gym I've brushed her off. I just want to lift. In case anyone thinks I am bragging it's only been 2 or 3 girls in the last year and a half.

It is funny the excuses people make not to exercise. ):at the diminished quality of life of humans

Am I the only dude who completely blocks everyone out at the gym?

No, but I guess I don't need to since I'm the only one training at our facility at night!

When I trained at commercial gyms, I definitely blocked out everyone/everything around me. My workouts were always better when I would be able to drown out my surroundings and focus only on what I needed to. I know some people probably thought I was an a-hole for not being Mr. Friendly, but I never went to the gym to socialize, it was always business. The few people I ended up talking to were nice, but became the guys who thought it was fine to try and have a 10 minute conversation between sets, so I'm not at all unhappy to be away from that whole scene now that I train alone again.

I never refuse a girl at the gym. I switch her in and talk between sets. I grunt she talks, she grunts I talk. Hey its better then saying "good job" " you can do it" "last rep" 500 times. LOL

Plus for some reason the chicks that hit on me are always specimens. One woman got me while I was doing bis. We went in and out. She then proceeded to do chins while waiting for me to finish my sets. Chick was doing 4 sets of chins. I felt inadequate. She averaged like 15 dead drop chins. She must have been a climber or somethng. I gave her a fake number. I was vacationing in florida.

I thought I'd seen every excuse in the world not to work out, but that was a new one. I think it has to be filed up there with not wanting to wear out your designer running shoes and worrying about sunburn because the sun is out. Thanks for the laugh, and now I think I'll go work out 'cause my hair is a mess anyway.