Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Looking for Vegan Weightlifting Shoes for Women
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 am 
Finch

Hi, I'm looking for vegan weightlifting shoes for women, that ship within the USA. I would be willing to try a men's shoe too. I contacted Nike about their Romaleos and they couldn't guarantee a fully synthetic shoe. Also, the Adidas Ironworks 2, don't think they make them anymore, i've tried ebay too. So with that, any suggestions???? Thank you for your help.

Post subject: Re: Looking for Vegan Weightlifting Shoes for Women
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm 
Stegosaurus

Wish there was better news, the Ironwork 2 was the vegan model of choice for a long time. I've seen some info online showing that the Ironwork 3 MAY be completely synthetic, but I'm sure you'd want to call Adidas to verify that before making the purchase. I know that the Adistar is made with leather, but also, I found some info that may show the Adidas Power Perfect to possibly be synthetic. Check out http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com for some of these styles, with a call to verify from Adidas as to which may be synthetic, you might just find something else that works!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm 
Elephant

Depending on how serious you needs are you might be able to get away with Chuck Taylor's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:50 pm 
Stegosaurus

Or, a pair of cheap synthetic work boots with an elevated heel can often work as a last-ditch substitute. Won't have the same flat front stability, but if the heel is the concern for cleans and squats, it may do the trick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:47 am 
Rabbit

I'm sure pretty sure Strength Shop in the UK would post to the US. The guy that runs this company is a member here (Buzz). Although it doesn't mention it anywhere on the site, everything he sells is completely vegan, including the shoes:

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/clothing/lifting-shoes.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:35 am 
Rabbit

Vibram Five Fingers! Try them!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 pm 
Stegosaurus

ForwardConcern wrote:
Vibram Five Fingers! Try them!

I hear a lot of great things from people who are hooked on the Vibram Five Fingers, but if someone is looking for an olympic weightlifting shoe with a wood block raised heel, they wouldn't have a lot of good crossover for that one. But, lots of strong guys I've seen online lift in their Vibrams for just about everything, I've considered getting some for squats and deadlifts myself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:31 pm 
Rabbit

Try them. I couldn't imagine myself having better form wearing anything else. They are essentially the none shoe. I used to lift barefoot at home so they were perfect for the gym.

Be warned though. They are addictive. They tend to change you're whole idea of what a shoe should be and you realize your feet have been coddled in shoes and left weak all this time. The muscles in my feet grew so much I've had to start going up a few sizes. Also my calves wouldn't be as strong as they are without them.

Just take your time with them when you first get them to avoid injury from doing too much too quick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:47 pm 
Finch

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help...I am definitely looking for weightlifting shoes. I have been wearing vibrams for three solid years now...I have 3 pairs and wear them everywhere for everything. I have been using my chucks for lifts and they are ok...but since trying on a pair of my friends (nonvegan)WL shoes for a lift...I am def sold on the weightlifting shoes...Thanks again for all of your suggestions and links :D