Primal Wisdom Blog...

Fallen_Horse

Just reading through some posts on the Primal Wisdom blog. He has some good posts about recent nutrition studies, etc. He used to be 'pro-Paleo' but now he has moved to a more plant-based diet (not vegan though!). A section of writing in one of his posts caught my eye, and I thought I would share it.

"Its complicated. The effect of any nutrient or food on human health depends on quality, quantity, and context of consumption.

I can no longer allow myself to fall into simplistic thinking like 'meat good, grains bad,' 'fats good, carbs bad,' and such.

Meat can have benefits in some quantities, qualities, and contexts, and cause harm in other quantities, qualities, and contexts.

Ditto for fats, carbs, grains, everything.

Done with nutritional dualism.

Everything is relative.

Anything can be medicine or poison, depending on quality, quantity, and context."

Check it out if you get the chance. http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/

I agree, we have so much exposure to marketing and advertisements that most people are brainwashed into thinking whats good and bad for their health. I know a lot of people who think that without milk you won't grow, your bones will fall apart and you teeth will fall out. You have to look past what the mainstream says sometimes to really find the truth.