Stop The Occupy Wall Street Eviction!

ForwardConcern

Well if it means anything. This worked the Property Company didn't declare them trespassers.

If you're getting your perceptions on this movement from the mainstream media you might as well get your nutrition guidlines from the McDonalds sponsored food group charts I remember from public school ; )

This movement looks to only be growing bigger. There is more solidarity with it than there has ever been before. Unions, people of all ages walks of life and career backgrounds, U.S. soldiers are taking leave to take part, seniors are marching in the streets even bankers are leaving there offices to participate it's non-partisan and apolitical if anything. It's simply about making sure the ideas of democracy are respected, that the average person gets what's fair not a life below the poverty line. Financial institutions lobbied and undermined regulations that if kept in place would have prevented the excessive lending to unfit parties, would have kept the market from artificially inflating and crashing. They were regulations put in place after the great depression for a reason. I'm proud of these people this should have happened 4 years ago. They and the "Tea Party" are one and the same one just realizes that it makes more sense to take it to the door steps of those that lobby and control the government to privatize and deregulate essential services and put in place practices that destroy labor, one realizes that it's more important to take it to the source rather than the middle man. One way or another things must change for the better.

Politics

Edited by ForwardConcern

They and the "Tea Party" are one and the same one just realizes that it makes more sense to take it to the door steps of those that lobby and control the government to privatize and deregulate essential services and put in place practices that destroy labor, one realizes that it's more important to take it to the source rather than the middle man.

I have to agree that it's not dead already. I have an office directly across the street from Zuccotti Park and the groups out there are still going strong and they are slowly getting more mainstream media attention.

Something has to change, but I can't agree with you on how. Privatization and deregulation are generally good things, it's the crony capitalism that's screwing things up. There seems to be this idea that capitalism has failed us, but it's really government that has failed capitalism. Bailouts, tax breaks, development grants, failure to enforce antitrust, etc. have gotten us into this corrupted economic model that's being mislabeled capitalism.

The government had a huge hand in getting things into this state, so I have no confidence it can fix it with more bullshit regulations and political favors. We really need to reconsider what the role of government should be in the economy, right now it's way too involved and ripe for corruption.

Well if it means anything. This worked the Property Company didn't declare them trespassers.

If you're getting your perceptions on this movement from the mainstream media you might as well get your nutrition guidlines from the McDonalds sponsored food group charts I remember from public school ; )

This movement looks to only be growing bigger. There is more solidarity with it than there has ever been before. Unions, people of all ages walks of life and career backgrounds, U.S. soldiers are taking leave to take part, seniors are marching in the streets even bankers are leaving there offices to participate it's non-partisan and apolitical if anything. It's simply about making sure the ideas of democracy are respected, that the average person gets what's fair not a life below the poverty line. Financial institutions lobbied and undermined regulations that if kept in place would have prevented the excessive lending to unfit parties, would have kept the market from artificially inflating and crashing. They were regulations put in place after the great depression for reason. I'm proud of these people this should have happened 4 years ago. They and the "Tea Party" are one and the same one just realizes that it makes more sense to take it to the door steps of those that lobby and control the government to privatize and deregulate essential services and put in place practices that destroy labor, one realizes that it's more important to take it to the source rather than the middle man. One way or another things must change for the better.

Politics

Couldn't have said it any better