Which vegan athletes would you like to see on the site?

robert

Who would you like to see featured on our website?

We're reaching out to pro athletes now and we're connecting with them.

Please share your ideas and I'll reach out to as many of the people mentioned as possbile.

Even if they aren't famous, professional or elite, if you know of someone who would be a great fit for oru website, let me know.

Thanks!

Robert

Mike Zigomanis isn't a star yet . . . but he's a vegan hockey player on the Toronto Marlies (of the American Hockey League), which is farm team of the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL. He was featured in an article this weekend in one of the local papers (http://www.thestar.com/living/article/1080043--high-performance-herbivore). He's a relatively new vegan but has been inspired to pursue high-level athletics on a vegan diet by Brendan Brazier

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Also, just shipped a package to Daniel Bryan, WWE Pro Wrestler who wrestled for the heavyweight title in a steel cage match tonight.

Now he has some VBB clothing

Will get him up on the site soon too.

Keep the suggestions coming.

I plan to run VBB full time in 2012 so I'll be online more to do this kind of stuff

Wow! I haven't seen that name in about 10 years! Ed was one of the first vegan athletes I ever heard of.

Richard and I will keep working on this. Thanks!

Definitely! It's interesting to me because skateboarding (i.e. Ed himself) and hardcore music are what turned me onto animal rights, and eventually veganism, when I was younger and those were relatively underground things at the time. Now younger kids are able to learn about being vegan in more mainstream ways, which is definitely a positive thing but something that just struck me with your comment.

Also, Jon Fitch would be a good addition - he's another vegan UFC fighter.

• 2 weeks later...