Vegan Bodybuilding Shoes?

HorseSense

I was just doing squats (am in fact in the middle of it) and stopped to ask this before I forget. My shoes are getting kind of worn and I'll be in the market for good shoes in the future. I was wondering if there was a good supportive vegan shoe out there especially a pair I could use to squat/workout in. I'm a firm believer in having strong supportive shoes for that, and it isn't exactly the easiest thing on shoes, either.

If you want something purely for squatting, or for when/if you ever do the Olympic lifts, try these -

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/clothing/lifting-shoes/strength-shop-lions-weightlifting-shoes.html

If you want something you can wear for squatting, deadlifting, or anything else really, pick any synthetic skate shoe. They always have a thick, solid, flat sole and good grip.

Another vote for chucky t's! although i'm pretty sure the glue in them (or any cheap shoe really) isn't vegan, you can usually find good ones second hand or in mark out stores cheap. i love my chucks.

Personally I'm not bothered about the glue issue anymore.

With the exception of vegan-only companies (like Vegetarian Shoes) I take any assurances about glue with a pinch of salt anyway - how does some guy sat in an office in the US/Europe really know what glue is used in a factory on the other side of the world that's more than likely owned by a 3rd party?

Also in my experience a lot of companies can't even accurately tell you what materials they use. For instance New Balance told me recently that all their 'classic' sneakers available in the UK contain leather (& confirmed it when I queried their initial response) but you only need to look at some of the shoes up close to know that's wrong.