The Lovely Owl.

Anything else on your mind that you would like to discuss with other like-minded people.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

HorseSense
Manatee

Re: The Lovely Owl.

#16 Postby HorseSense » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:24 am

I LOVE the owl! I used to have an obsession with birds in general when I was a kid but owls and other big birds wound up topping the list. Something about their size and "wildness" astounded me.

I still love em, even though they aren't herbivores.

I've seen owls only twice in my life and I will never forget either time!
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

divamom
Manatee

#17 Postby divamom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 am

I shall not take my nightly serenades and owl pellets for granted.
When the kids were small...they would go in the back yard and look for remnants left from the owls...mice and rat bones, ocassionally a tail, and one year the elementary school needed pellets for the kids to dissect in class, and a host of 4th graders swarmed my yard looking for trinkets and leftovers ( there are two trees o nthe street that for sure have some Owls)....indeed one of Gods gifts! I live across the street now (in a house across the street from when I was married and owned and livedhappilyeverafteras a family- ha), we also had a yearly visit from a "family" every summer of Peregrine falcons. That tree fell one year, 2001, and the falcons never came back after. We would get binoculars and wow...beautiful.

HorseSense
Manatee

#18 Postby HorseSense » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:54 pm

divamom wrote:I shall not take my nightly serenades and owl pellets for granted.

Their calls at night are haunting! And I mean that in the best way!!
High carb, low fat, whole foods. Any questions?

Return to “General Discussion”