Bizarre Facebook update directed at vegetarians

feel_ngreat

Someone I have as a contact on Facebook recently posted this:

Is eating pseudo-burgers made of soybeans that hail from monocrop farms whose owners razed the land on which they grow, killing families of groundhogs and field mice and trillions upon trillions of essential microbes that compose the topsoil ethical?

Vegetarians: Animals all die as a result of these practices!!!

Wtf? Not another person whinging and whining about vegetarianism/veganism because they themselves don't have the moral courage or will to go that extra mile.

He/she is actually right. Our natural food comes mainly from the trees, not from the fields. Geoengineering is harmful in many aspects. This does not mean to plant corn for animal food instead of soy for human food - it's all the same to the soil. Many people don't know that in this very moment the Amazon jungle is being cleared so Monsanto can plant their soy on the deforested ground.

And yet again, the way the post was made is a bit rough and not well-thought (i.e. stupid ). Most of the Earth was once covered by forests.

Someone I have as a contact on Facebook recently posted this:

Is eating pseudo-burgers made of soybeans that hail from monocrop farms whose owners razed the land on which they grow, killing families of groundhogs and field mice and trillions upon trillions of essential microbes that compose the topsoil ethical?

Vegetarians: Animals all die as a result of these practices!!!

Wtf? Not another person whinging and whining about vegetarianism/veganism because they themselves don't have the moral courage or will to go that extra mile.

Well,

1. No one can argue against 'killing microbes' while they happily munch away at much higher lifeforms.

2. Monsanto is a terrible company, and their GMO products ARE crappy. The quote is mostly accurate, except that they completely ignore the pollution and environmental impact that THEIR food intake causes.

4. The obvious answer is to not eat fake soy burgers from GMO sources, and ideally, not many fake burgers anyway. Real food is the answer! I would like to see their response then.

This is grossly exaggerated, but ...

I guess that person is correct in their logic, but forget that the same logic can be used to view the process of growing feed for livestock not to mention that many times more is needed.

Also livestock feed is usually a GMO Monocrop from Monsanto.